To provide highly effective leadership in sales or marketing to an organization that is looking for a professional with the skills and experience to substantially grow their business.
A Marketing and Sales Executive Manager with an MBA and over 25 years experience in technology sales including over 15 years in managing sales teams.
Accomplished Sales Leader with an outstanding record of success in the Power Industry and Technology markets including Solar Power, Fuel Cells and Alternative Energy markets. Managed teams of direct sales people since 1991. Team sizes up to 23 direct employees and also dozens of distributors and representatives. Directed key account development strategies and contract negotiations. Created an effective, definitive global sales process which including web based CRM system. Consistently promoted to positions of increased responsibility. Accomplishments include numerous sales awards including President's Club. MBA with 3 academic awards. Additional expertise in:
-New Business Development
-Key Account Contract Negotiations
-Market Research -OEM Sales
-Worldwide Sales Management
Past experience with markets include Energy, Power, Aerospace, Defense (DOD), high tech, software computers, consumer electronics and others as shown in my resume.
Feb 2003 - Present
Director of Sales
Data Physics Corporation
DIRECTOR OF SALES reporting to the CEO
- Currently manage a group of 13 senior level Sales Managers and 3 Applications Engineers. Responsible for worldwide sales of $20 Million including high technology software and hardware products sold to a wide variety of commercial and government customers..
- Responsible for 21 overseas distributors and 12 domestic representative organizations.
- Developed new channels domestic and overseas with existing and new products.
- Developed comprehensive annual sales plan to achieve business unit sales objectives.
- Member of the executive team responsible for establishing annual planning.
- Responsible for all sales forecasting, major proposals, customer negotiations and closing.
- Establishes price levels based on competition and margin goals.
- Implemented web based CRM system to monitor and control sales growth.
- Leader and trainer of major project selling, key account development, contract negotiator, account trouble shooting/problem solver. Responsible for all sales planning, control, measurement, hiring, firing, development and strategic planning to increase sales.
Feb 1999 - Feb 2003
VP of Marketing
Responsible for worldwide sales. Grew company sales by 67% in first year of employment. Supervised the Marketing Department responsible for print media, trade shows and sales support. Supervised the service department consisting of seven service people. Supervised test department consisting of four test engineers. Supervised the Sales Department consisiting of seven direct reporting senior level sales people. Markets included Solar Power, Fuel Cells, Inverters, Alternative Energy and others.
1993 - 1995
Sales & Marketing Manager
SALES AND MARKETING MANAGER
- Managed international representatives resulting in 91% increase in total company sales.
- Authored several trade journal articles resulting in new market awareness.
- Penetrated a new Power Generation market that resulted in a $24 million sale in Taiwan.
- Company sales averaged $18 million per year, except the year of the sale in Taiwan.
- Primary industries included Structural, Architectural, Power and Industrial.
- Products included large structures and associated construction using Union Iron Workers.
- Wrote detailed marketing plan that resulted in dramatic increase in sales.
1991 - 1993
Regional Sales Manager
WESTERN REGIONAL SALES MANAGER
- Managed four direct sales men, three inside sales people and four Representative organizations.
- Increase sales by 14% first year in a declining market. Responsible for $3 Million in sales.
Products consisted of process instrumentation including software systems, flow meters, pressure transducers, valves controllers, SCADA, PLCs and process recorders.
Feb 1985 - Feb 1991
Senior Sales Engineer
Emerson Electric - Rosemount
SENIOR SALES ENGINEER • Twice nominated for the Presidents Club out of 180 sales people. • Booked largest CO analyzer order in company history. • #1 in Cooling tower analytical/water treatment systems sales. • #2 in Analytical Instrumentation sales. • Award given for largest power utility order booked in the history of Rosemount. • Award given for highest sales volume. • Award given for highest % growth in sales. • Products included process instrumentation, flow meters, flow elements, valves, pressure transducers, DSC systems, PLCs, ph controllers, liquid and gas analyzers.
California State University-Fullerton - College of Business and Economics
Thesis was a marketing plan on an actual company and my thesis won 3 awards competing against 18,000 other MBA students nationwide.