Career reflects 15 years of B2B sales and account management experience in advertising, publishing and automotive industries. Successfully sold Internet technology tools, telephony solutions, and advertising to executive management. Demonstrates excellence in consultative selling, national account management, client development, new business development, relationship management, sales management and performance improvements. Achieved an 80% closing ratio which has contributed to $28 million in sales. Described as client-focused, ambitious, and innovative; recognized as a superb relationship builder and client liaison.
Mar 2008 - May 2009
Regional Account Manager
Joined the company to manage and grow the OEM corporate relationships and bring accountability to a new level. Provide sales leadership, strategic thinking and effective process improvement to Kia Motors and BMW North America major accounts. Main objective was to grow revenue using multi-channel marketing solutions at the rooftop level as well as be the liaison for MV360 to all departments within the OEM. Challenged to grow opportunities and maintain solid growth within each account.
- Catalyst in reenergizing the Kia MV360 pilot program to dealers in the California market. Brought on 8 new dealers in 4 months with revenue of $40K.
- Developed the Kia Mailbuilder program and worked closely with Kia and the western region on a $75K marketing initiative given to us for direct mail to new franchises in the region.
Jun 2007 - Mar 2008
Regional Sales Manager - Dealer Sales
Source Interlink, Automotive Digital - Motortrend & Automotive.com
Joined the dealer sales division to bring interactive advertising opportunities direct to dealers throughout the country, provide sales leadership, strategic thinking and effective process improvement for dealers and dealer groups alike. Understanding the day-to-day activities and challenges that car dealers face my chief responsibilities included growing the dealer sales division by introducing solutions at the dealer group level and large national accounts. Challenged to manage a team of 3 inside business development managers. Responsibilities include personal development, situational management, and positive reinforcement to exceed monthly goals.
- Established a partnership through an existing relationship at Enterprise Car Sales and negotiated an agreement worth $200,000 per year. Largest single deal in division history!
- Catalyst in maintaining revenue by nurturing critical relationships with Stokes Automotive Group, Van Tuyl Automotive Group, Hendrick Automotive Group and Hitchcock Automotive Group - representing $110,000 in annual sales.
- Generated $210,000 in annual revenue by selling an average of $18,000 in new business a month.
Mar 2004 - Mar 2007
National Account Manager
Promoted to drive quality of services and satisfaction levels among national clients, rapidly resolve customer concerns, and effectively manage accounts to sustain and grow revenue. Negotiated sales contracts with major clients such as Mazda Corporation, Enterprise Car Sales, Penske Automotive Group, and many others who purchased call tracking, marketing, and sales improvement training tools and services.
Challenged to manage 12 prestigious accounts (some of the nation's Top 100 Dealer Groups/OEMs) representing $1.3 million in annual sales. Activities included client development, consultative selling, relationship building, national account management, high-profile customer communications, and project management monitoring. Acted as a liaison between company executives and clients. Collaborated with client Vice Presidents and senior executives and corporate leaders to develop and execute client-focused programs. Provided product consultations, training, and service to ensure client return-on-investments.
- Reenergized a relationship with JD ByRider and persuaded their leaders to promote company as call tracking vendor of choice to all franchises. Program boosted acceptance of products among franchises from 13 to 65.
- Turned around a troubled relationship with Enterprise Car Sales and negotiated an 18-month agreement worth $120,000 per year.
- Secured 143 new accounts in 2006 by forming a new partnership with Mitchell1, a value added reseller. Transaction generates $60,000 per year in annual revenue.
- Catalyst in maintaining revenue by forming and nurturing critical relationships with Penske Automotive Group, Galpin Automotive Group, and Hitchcock Automotive Group - representing $256,000 in annual sales.
- Wrote "The Elements of a Successful Visit - Account Management" which details the functions of an account manager and is used by other account managers.
Apr 2003 - Mar 2004
Account Manager - Vanity Resources
- Accepted a newly created position to sell toll free vanity telephone numbers to new and existing clients as part of their marketing and brand management strategies. Conducted over 150 client contacts per month including cold calling.
- Generated $700,000 in annual sales by selling an average of 25 vanity numbers a month.
Oct 2001 - Apr 2003
Client Development Manager
Hired as the company's first account manager. Commissioned to build relationships with existing clients and introduce all products and services, support products, and train client on call tracking, marketing, and sales improvement training tools and services. Demanding role included managing 100+ dealers across Southern California, developing client relationships, selling from a consultative approach, building mission-critical relationships, managing accounts, and acting as an exemplary liaison to clients.
- Ranked as the #1 sales producer who generated nearly $175,000 in annual sales.
- Sold several vanity add-on agreements that created over $7,000 in annual revenue, and specific toll free number agreements that generated $12,400 in annual revenue.
- Named the "Client Development Manager of the Year" in 2002 for exceptional performance.
1999 - 2001
Manager - New Business Strategies
Freedom Interactive Newspapers, Inc
Collaborated with eight newspapers, and created business development and revenue generation strategies for their online presence. Moreover, developed strategies to improve online content for savvy Internet users. Management role involved conducting market analysis, negotiating deals with vendors, creating advertising programs to boost sales of traditional and online advertising, and training sales representatives to sell online advertising space. Position also involved account management, product development, Internet development, and new business development.Created tools to improve classified advertising, display advertising, local searches, and real estate sections.Negotiated deals with four new vendors which saved newspapers 25% to 35% on monthly fees, or $2600. Generated $4800 by creating profitable advertising revenue streams by introducing better strategies to influence local clients to purchase banner ads and business website development packages
1997 - 1999
Marketed website development services to local real estate agencies and brokers. Role involved sales pipeline development, sales and marketing, new business development, contract negotiations, and training.
- Generated between $16,000 and $23,000 a month in new business, and accelerated customer base 28%.
- Conducted 15 to 18 sales presentations per week which contributed to sales success.Negotiated contracts with existing clients to move them to larger website development programs. Helped clients save up to $1,000 by accepting large programs.
1993 - 1997
Responsible for the daily operations of a very busy and fast paced retail advertising department. We did all the creative and production of many accounts small and large.
1990 - 1993
Responsible for all aspects of marketing and operations of a small advertising agency.
1987 - 1990
Advertising Graphic Artist
Penske Automotive Group
Responsible for coordination and design of all campaigns of in-house advertising department for multi-point automotive group.