Provided detailed engineering and project management functions for large scale Synchronous Optical Network (SONET) additions and high bandwidth ethernet applications.
- Managed the deployment of Cisco routers and firewalls necessary to support a WiFi trial for the City of Henderson, NV.
- Deployed a combination of transmission equipment such as gigabit ethernet transport over SONET and Cisco routers to support ethernet services provided to area hospitals in Killeen, TX.
- Developed job aids (one of which was published for use nationwide) for the various engineering functions and personally trained coworkers to increase the overall performance of the group.
- Assumed responsibility for and completed several projects that had been ongoing for years due to various obstacles such as lack of expertise in certain areas. Projects were completed within months of being taken over.
- Successfully took over additional responsibilities previously held by 4 engineers as group size diminished due to downsizing while maintaining existing workload.
- Provided technical input for First Office Application projects which introduced cutting edge technologies into the network.
- Completed a major cleanup of records for EMBARQ's fiber network in Las Vegas resulting in more efficient and faster provisioning of services across the network.