IT Analyst – End User Support
Liberty Mutual Northwest (Safeco)
- PC Support: Support more than 700 customers in a Windows 2000 server/desktop environment, working in a combined Service Center/Service Office campus. Meet or exceed the different levels of SLAs for the many departments housed in this location. This involves use of the Remedy ticket tracking system for both Incident and Change Management processes. Perform warranty repair on HP/Compaq desktop PCs and servers, as well as IBM Laptops and Desktops. Work in conjunction with Puget Sound application support personnel to support in-house software applications, as well as standard Office applications.
- Server/Network Support: Provide support and service for 10 + HP/Compaq servers and their associated network, backup, and UPS systems. Work in conjunction with Home Office network operations center personnel in troubleshooting/repair of network connectivity between the Spokane site and the rest of the Safeco network. Coordinate work to meet Safeco’s Change Management process (ITIL) to minimize outage and service impact.
- Telecom Analyst: Telecommunications duties include primary responsibility for procurement of telephone and broadband services for telecommuters supported out of Liberty Lake, including billing. Also includes installing and maintaining analog and digital telephones, voicemail accounts, and call queues in a Lucent Definity environment. Coordinate work to meet Safeco’s Change Management process (ITIL) to minimize outage and service impact.
- Wireless: Procure wireless services for Safeco employees nationwide, including cell phones, AirCards, Blackberries, and other wireless devices. Direct interface with Safeco’s preferred wireless vendors, primarily Cingular and Verizon.
- Performed in a leadership role by taking over the Northern California and Richardson, TX System Support Units while those locations were undergoing staffing changes. In Richardson, I was the only analyst on site for 2 weeks and led the unit for a total of 7 weeks. Interviewed for new employees/contractors and served as the manager’s representative with business partners, Human Resources, and Corporate Security.
Primary local contact for the upgrade of the Avaya G3R phone switch processors to Avaya S8700 media servers. This involved removal and replacement of the processor carrier and installation of boards required for the upgraded infrastructure.
Performed a detailed inventory of all network and server equipment in the Spokane campus as part of the Site Survey project, including power sources and backup power systems, as well as shutdown and startup documentation for both telephony and network systems.
Coordinated and performed the network and phone moves for both the Boise and Missoula field offices. Direct interface with Qwest and Safeco Network Ops personnel. Other than the certified CAT5 pulls performed by Verizon, I did all the network and phone wiring, T1 installation, Ethernet switch installation, and all associated tasks for both locations.
Participated in the repair, upgrade or replacement of several routers or other network equipment in both the Service Office and Contact Center, including direct interface with AT&T, Qwest, and other vendors.
In the past 5 years, I have coordinated the repair, upgrade or replacement of 8 different servers in both the Spokane Service Office and the Spokane Contact Center, including mission-critical servers such as Pathfinder, CVO, and file Servers.