Sep 2010 - Present
Dec 2007 - Jun 2009
Steel Partners Japan
Lead Operational Strategy for 20+ portfolio investments
Delivered detailed analysis and value enhancement plans to 10+ portfolio companies: Nissin Foods, Ezaki Glico, Noritz, Citizen Watch, Aderans, New Cosmos, Miraca Holdings, House Foods, Sapporo Breweries, Maruichi Steel and Brother
Recommendations led to share buy-backs, dividend increases, significant operational improvements
Jan 2005 - Nov 2007
1. Led Operation's for $1BN portfolio of credit card and sales finance products.
2. Responsible for Operating Budget of $35MM+ and team of 310 personnel
3. In less than 2 years, introduced LEAN Six Sigma, resulting in new account cycle-time improvement from 14 days to 1 day, reduced OPEX of $10MM, and added $20MM in additional incremental revenue
4. Eliminated existing compliance process gaps and problems
5. Delivered 30%+ productivity and cost savings by outsourcing work to LCC (Genpact China), and adding PBX/Dialer upgrades
May 2002 - Dec 2004
Executive Sales Leader
Sales & BD Leader for $1.3BN portfolio of consumer lending products
1. Responsible for $30MM operating budget, 320 sales team, branch network of 42, and B2B relationships with over 1,300 Auto and Retailers.
2. Completed business turn-around from $32MM loss to Break-even in 24 months.
3. Achieved $600MM in new volume growth, increased operating interest margins by 50 basis points, delivered 30% growth in insurance income, and reduced OPEX by 20% in 1.5 years.
4. Led data-driven review of all products, leading to exit of unprofitable products/relationships, and adding new profitable products/relationships
5. Successfully negotiated with Worker's Council (Union) and vendors/partners to achieve bottom-line results/improvements.
Jan 2000 - Apr 2002
Director - Business Development
Director of Business Development
1. Delivered $162MM in annuity/life insurance premium with 5 core accounts - ING, Intersecurities, RW Baird, Morgan Stanley, and MetLife
2. Launched new product "Simple Security" Insurance product with MetLife
3. Acquired Countrywide and Merrill Lynch Insurance Services Group as new corporate accounts
4. Acquired 9 Fraternal and 2 Financial Planner accounts for Genworth LTC Division
Aug 1997 - Dec 1999
LEAN Six Sigma MBB
1. Completed two-year GE Master Black Belt certification program
2. Mentored, trained, and oversaw a team of 5 Quality Black Belts, and 20 Business-wide Green Belts. Trained over 240 employees at LTC Division on Quality Methodology (Green Belt Training)
3. Exceeded Business Quality Net Income target by 50% in 1st year. $2MM was target and $3MM was achieved.
4. Improved New Product Development process, yielding "Seminar Selling" model for Financial Planners which achieved $10MM in incremental new LTC premium.
5. Led cross-channel business co-operation between Bank channel and LTC career agents, delivering 400% LTC production improvement for bank channel from $450,000 to $2,250,000 in 1st year.
Jun 1994 - Jul 1997
Business Acquisition/Intergration Leader
1. Completed GE Capital Global Leadership Development Program
2. Particpated in 2 successful cross-border business acquisitions (Japan & Germany)
3. Led GE - Service Bank business integration process. Introduced Senior Leadership team in Germany to GE CAP process, Work-out methodology, Best Practices, Session C Planning process.
4. Successfully executed 100 Day Integration framework and plan, delivering on corporate expectations/requirements
5. Led cost-out initiatives that yielded business $1MM in direct cost savings, and $1.5MM improvement in collection's effectiveness, resulting in a lower "loss" reserve for business
Sep 1992 - May 1994
Sep 1986 - May 1990
Cross Border Due Diligence/Business Integration
Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt
Former GE executive and PE hedge fund operating partner with global leadership experience in M&A, integration, sales, and operations. 15+ years experience building equity value via strategic analysis, functional leadership, and operational improvement. Strong business improvement toolkit: strategy, operations, process. A certified LEAN Six Sigma Master Black Belt.
- P&L management - revenue enhancement, mix optimization, new product launches, cost management
- Sales - SFE, Find-Win-Keep Pipeline management, Profit-driven
- Operations - Low cost country outsourcing, rooftop consolidations, process simplification and optimization
- M&A valuation, Pre- and post Due Diligence review and integration leader
- Business Turn-around Expertise
- Cross-functional experience
Work with Private Equity team(s) or corporate entity to "un-lock" value in existing portfolio investments and/or review, identify, and conduct due diligence on new investment opportunities
Employ my 14 years leadership experience at GE to:
1. Identify operational opportunities to drive business excellence in sales, operations, risk management, M&A, manufacturing, and outsourcing
2. Engage management directly to create strategy for continuous improvement