Principal- Special Programs
Washington Saratoga Warren Hamilton Essex BOCES
Managed several programs; gifted and talented education, adult education, Licensed Practical Nursing and TESOL. Retired in September 2014.
- Administrated adult education program for students ages 18 and over providing literacy classes (two locations) and GED test preparation.
- Evaluated staff annually using BOCES evaluation and Civil Service process. Evaluated K-12 staff under newly revised NYS Annual Professional Performance System.
- Managed 5-6 budgets and monitored funding under two grants - federal and state. Successfully partnered with area agencies for DOL manufacturing grant and WIA Literacy Zone funding.
- Administrated the TESOL (Teaching English as a Second Language) itinerant program. Worked with 9-10 instructors servicing K-12 students in a variety of school districts needing English assessment and instruction.
- Provided oversite for the adult continuing education classes. Examples include computer classes, heavy machinery/forklift, advanced manufacturing, medical and security training classes.
- Developed DOL and SED approved apprenticeship training programs for Plant Electricians and General Electricians. Established two training programs for area employers and their employees.
- Supervised Licensed Practical Nursing and Certified Nursing Assistant programs offering day and evening programs. Handled all functions relayed to hiring, evaluating and marketing on an annual basis.