School Tour and Outreach Coordinator
Amazement Square, The Rightmire Children's Museum
- Managed all departmental activities including budgets, institutional reports, marketing, public relations, and staff of 4-5 part time employees.
- Oversaw all school tour operations including but not limited to booking, scheduling, teaching, documentation, evaluation, research, development, revisions, staff enrichment and training, and regularly adapting program content and/or delivery of the museum's 30 Discovery Tours to better suit the diverse needs of each unique audience.
- Collaborated with educational associations, school districts, and teachers to develop strong partnerships with educators across the Commonwealth of Virginia through professional development opportunities, teacher workshops, and educator events.
- Managed educational programming including but not limited to school tours, outreach partnerships and events, public art programs, and relevant developmental committees.
- Facilitated research, application, narrative development, and reporting for all grant-funded educational programming and resources
- Interim Director of Education from February 2010 to January 2011, to oversee the creation, implementation, and facilitation of all education related tasks and projects for the museums 90,000 annual visitors.
- Interim Program Co-coordinator from February 2010 to January 2011, planning and facilitating all regular family programming including Saturday programs and special events.