Licensed Specialist in School Psychology
Aug 2007 - Nov 2015
Fort Bend ISD
- Lead in the development of procedures for evaluation assistance for LSSPs in the district. Formed the Evaluation Assistance Committee. Scheduled and conducted committee meetings. Collected and organized data from all LSSPs regarding their evaluation workload prior to meeting. Worked with committee to assign evaluation assistance to LSSPs who qualified for assistance. Communicated with contract LSSPs regarding testing needed. Consulted with Director and Assistant Director regarding decisions made in the committee meetings, and as needed for direction.
- Conducted individual and group counseling for regular and special education students who have been referred for these services by appropriate school personnel.
- Maintained case records on all referred students.
- Consulted with teachers, staff, and parents upon request to provide prevention and intervention strategies.
- Attended Response to Intervention (RTI) and Section 504 meetings as needed to provide recommendations for intervention strategies.
- Provided consultation services to the teachers and supervisors of the behavior intervention class.
- Assisted parents of emotionally disturbed students through consultation and facilitation of various parent groups.
- Interpreted school psychological services to school personnel and parents.
- Consulted with personnel of community health and social welfare agencies as needed.
- Assisted with in-service training of school personnel as requested.
- Assessed referred students through appropriate testing and diagnostic practices and followed through referred cases to termination.
- Attended Individual Education Plan (IEP) committee meetings for students with the eligibilities of Emotional Disturbance, Autism, Other Health Impairment for ADHD, and other special education students, when appropriate.
- Intervened with students in crises to reduce the negative impact of stressful events.