Middle School Head
The International School of Brussels
- Provided clear, consistent leadership for the Middle School community by focusing all decisions on student learning in the context of ISB's Mission Statement.
- Built a positive, learning culture in the Middle School to support a wide range of adolescent learners
- Developed a strong leadership team of Heads of Department, equipped to lead their departments in implementing the Common Ground Curriculum.
- Created a new Advisory Program with the purpose of producing Independent Learners and International Citizens with a philosophy developed by the faculty that we use to this day: "We believe that everyone counts."
- Re-designed physical spaces to reflect learning philosophy of curriculum in tandem with strategic recruitment of new leadership and team members in English & Mathematics, re-designing approaches to learning in both areas with a major focus on inquiry, collaboration, and differentiation.
- Maintained and developed programs that provide students with meaningful choices in their own learning including a strong Bilingual Program and elective courses that provide students with opportunities to explore and find their personal passions in areas such as the Performing & Visual Arts,, electronics, robotics, digital media, design, journalism, video editing, and digital photography.
- Transformed the English Language Development Program to better support the learning needs of our shifting demographic of students.
- Oversaw the development of the Middle School Special Education Class to give access to the Middle School for all types of learners.
- Recruited, supported, developed an outstanding community of Middle Level Educators who create the learning culture of the Middle School in every classroom on a daily basis.
- Implemented a comprehensive professional development plan for Middle School faculty including departmental goals, faculty-lead sharing sessions, biannual faculty retreats to support teachers in their work to continuously improve their practice.