- Wantage United Kingdom
- [email protected]
Member of the Branch Management team of the Chartered Management Institute, responsible for event organisation
Restoring Normandy farm complex
Nursing & Midwifery Council - ICT StrategyResponsible for development of business focused information strategyDeveloped business case evaluating CRM options for additional £10m implementation programme Enabled integration of multi-channel customer strategy exploiting e-commerce approachesEnabled NMC to move away from legacy systems and meet future business requirements
CfBT Education Trust -
Developed an innovative interactive Quality Manual to meet a contractual commitment. The Manual which used MS PowerPoint covered all internal processes for use in delivering the Skills for Life programme. Subsequently used by the client as a template for manauals for future contract delivery
CfBT Education Trust -
Contract Initiation & Planning
Undertook due diligence review of contractors on £13m Young, Gifted & Talented programme
Led business case development to extend coverage to the top 10% of children from initial 5%
Utilised e-learning for extending capacity and maximising return on investment
A highly skilled and innovative manager and consultant with Change, Programme and Project Management specialities, and a proven track record of success delivering strategic, complex, multi million pound national programmes and projects within finance and IT in both the public and private sectors including government, health and, education. Results orientated and quality focused, with excellent relationship management skills.
Able to demonstrate strong leadership, full project lifecycle experience, innovative solution design in achieving corporate and personal objectives and goals. Providing creative and strategic vision to businesses giving clear direction and building consistently improved business performances.
Experienced in business consultancy, information management, business change management, process re-engineering, customer service management, programme management (MSP), project management (PRINCE2), analytical management, strategic management, business planning, computer security, budget management.
Currently supporting EU funded initiaitives in Wales and the West Midlands to transform business performance in small and medium enterprises through stimulating the effective use of IT.
Fellow of the Institute of Management Consultants
Certified Management Consultant
Advanced Practitioner - Managing Successful Programmes
Member Chartered Management Institute
Member Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators
A role leading change and transition either within a complex organisation or heading a consultancy team
Serco - Portfolio Management
Turning round seven failing projects for Business Link London (a service outsourced to Serco) creating a managed portfolio and motivating over 35 staff and contractors to deliver. This included using success based criteria as the basis for the procurement of a telemarketing service to deliver a large telephone campaign (85,000 calls), putting in place new data collection and handling processes, renegotiating a systems development and data supply contract and managing a number of small systems development.
HM Land Registry - Programme Management
Led redesign of business processes to revolutionise land purchase and sale procedures by integrating systems with major intermediaries in property marketPrepared business case including complex set of financial projections for this £300m programmeManaged financial control processes for allocating £300m budget for system development, business change and additional operational costs over a 7 year period
Planning Inspectorate - Programme Management
Responsible for £15m business change programme & application development project
Developed replacement of major business systems to meet Modernising Government Agenda
Provided e-commerce based solution where all transactions made available on web based system
Interfaced stakeholders including 430 local authorities, 2 government departments and other agencies and the Deputy Prime Minister!
Evaluated and assessed major CRM and case management offerings from different suppliers
Responsible for planning and financial management and resourcing of programme development
Managed systems development contract with Unisys controlling a team of 20 development staff
Coordinated resolution of major contractual issues and renegotiation of contract with Unisys
Managed development through to complex end to end pilots and first rollout including application upgrades
Leading the support to business and other organisations including:
Serco/Business Link London
Role included defining new consultancy products, delivery of high value complex assignments often of national significance, acting as a member of the customer services management team and preparing competitive tenders.
· Designed, procured, project managed (under Prince2) and successfully delivered an award winning, innovative complex customer focused £15m change programme, including web based service delivery using Web, CRM, EDRM, Image and workflow technologies, resolving major contractual difficulties with the main supplier and managing a major stakeholder programme.
· Designed and developed a programme specific MIS to predict savings and monitor progress for an organisation wide cost reduction programme for a County Council.
· Wrote and won government investment for client business cases totalling over £325 million, including developing predictive cost and benefit models
Client Work Included
Member of the management team for a supplier of outsourced application support and IT consultancy to the financial services sector with a turnover of £10m.
· Implemented new accounting and customer relationship management systems.
· Developed activity and income reporting and forecasting models
· Successfully launched of a marketing campaign for new software package.
Member of the management team responsible for the marketing function and for delivering high-level business focused client work for a £4m turnover consultancy to the financial services and retail sectors. Worked extensively for major clients including Tesco, Lloyds TSB, Ernst& Young, and in Macedonia for the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development.
· Developed a customer relationship/contact centre work stream that yielded significant benefits major clients – e.g. Tesco, Cheltenham and Gloucester Building Society.
· Facilitated a turn round in telecoms service provision for the Prudential improving customer service and reducing cost by 27% - £3m pa, including the development of analytical cost/activity models.
· Wrote comprehensive information security strategy for BAA plc to meet ISO standards.
· Developed a strategy that kept Jersey Electricity operating over the Millennium.
Developed a niche consultancy aimed at meeting the requirements of NHS bodies for consultancy support mostly in relation to information management and technology.
· Delivered eight hospital information strategies in England and Scotland.
· Designed and developed activity and expenditure reporting for two English hospitals and a Scottish Health Board.
· Delivered critical systems reviews in Abbey for the Bank of England
· Negotiated a complex innovative Private Finance procurement for a consortium of two health trusts, including obtaining business case agreement at the highest level from HM Treasury. Required extensive and complex cost/benefit modelling for different contracting scenarios and on different bases (income/expenditure and economic benefit. Led two other major procurements.
· Developed a computer data audit and security specialism across the NHS.
Reperesented the company on the Intellect Health Panel
Marketing of NHS consultancy services
Client work included
Working for NHS clients:
Restructuring the delivery of nurse staffing for a major acute hospital - working directly with senior nursing staff in a very tightly focused project to introduce nursing assistants and new management grades
Design, delivery and marketing of a new hospital-home tranpsort scheme for an ambulance service
Working for Reuters
Continued managing a sub-section of 7 staff performing financial systems audits world-wide, undertaking complex assignments myself and developing the skills and expertise of internal staff
Computer Auditor and Senior Consultant working in local financial services, utilities retail and other audit clients
Creating a new function and managing IT related audits developing interrogation packages and acting as regional liaison between external auditors and nine health authorities
Finance and administration manager of trading operation running a major concert venue of 2000 seats and various other activities. Turnover in excess of £500K. Team of 13, ran project to implement one of the first online box office systems in the UK
Administration trainee rising to Senior Finance Officer - Services to the Elderly controlling over £7.5 pa in expenditure including 26 residential homes plus managing the funding of jointly financed projects with the local NHS