I am looking for a Project Manager role as part of a team building software, hardware, or services. I am very familiar with creating and managing business processes for releasing services and software products, establishing and managing partnerships with external vendors and partners, and driving large and small projects to release starting from market requirements through Sustained Engineering using Waterfall and Agile product development methods. I have a background that is both product development and IT and familiar with processes or roles where those functions are working together to release product.
My background over the past several years is in Digital Media, Healthcare, and the Travel industry. Most recently, I was at Virtuoso as a Sr. IT Project Manager leading a team of IT engineers in the build out of new infrastructure to support the web based Composer release by the company. Previously, I was at Expedia planning and managing IT resources for the Expedia.com web site. My experience in the Healthcare industry was at Talyst. I managed a program management team that defined, created and released software and hardware solutions for the dispensation of medications in the pharmaceutical industry. My previous experience was at Microsoft creating, designing, and deploying a number of products and services as a Program Manager.
Here are some highlights of my experience:
* As a product development manager, I led a team of program and product managers in the capture of marketing requirements through customer site visits and technology analysis, creating business and user workflows, and creating use cases as part of the functional specifications for product development creating the marketing requirements documentation for the product management team.
* While at Talyst, I managed the customer implementation of the AutoPharm products. This included defining the scope of the installation, creating the project plan with the customer, and executing the plan, managing internal and external resources to install, test, and verify the release with the customer.
* Used AGILE methodology to implement infrastructure projects to support data and system security; scoped and drove the creation of the Virtuoso production environment using Microsoft technologies, Firewall and VPN deployments (multiple locations), data center build out, and a data center migration.
* As a Program Manager at Microsoft, I scoped, planned and executed multiple releases of software and hardware solutions with external partners including Microsoft CRM and the Windows Media Player, Talyst's AutoPharm platform, Expedia's E.COM website, and Virtuoso's Composer product.
* In progress toward certification as a Project Management Professional.