Accomplished technology professional with expertise in project management, business systems analysis, and software design. Comprehensive understanding of system development lifecycle from concept through post production while supporting business objectives. Employs proactive management and strong leadership techniques to generate results-driven workplace environment; resulting in employee loyalty and stakeholder satisfaction at all levels.
I am looking for a Project Manager role as part of a team building software, hardware, or services. I am very familiar with creating and managing business processes for releasing services and software products, establishing and managing partnerships with external vendors and partners, and driving large and small projects to release starting from market requirements through Sustained Engineering using Waterfall and Agile product development methods. I have a background that is both product development and IT and familiar with processes or roles where those functions are working together to release product.
My background over the past several years is in Digital Media, Healthcare, and the Travel industry. Most recently, I was at Virtuoso as a Sr. IT Project Manager leading a team of IT engineers in the build out of new infrastructure to support the web based Composer release by the company. Previously, I was at Expedia planning and managing IT resources for the Expedia.com web site. My experience in the Healthcare industry was at Talyst. I managed a program management team that defined, created and released software and hardware solutions for the dispensation of medications in the pharmaceutical industry. My previous experience was at Microsoft creating, designing, and deploying a number of products and services as a Program Manager.
Here are some highlights of my experience:
* As a product development manager, I led a team of program and product managers in the capture of marketing requirements through customer site visits and technology analysis, creating business and user workflows, and creating use cases as part of the functional specifications for product development creating the marketing requirements documentation for the product management team.
* While at Talyst, I managed the customer implementation of the AutoPharm products. This included defining the scope of the installation, creating the project plan with the customer, and executing the plan, managing internal and external resources to install, test, and verify the release with the customer.
* Used AGILE methodology to implement infrastructure projects to support data and system security; scoped and drove the creation of the Virtuoso production environment using Microsoft technologies, Firewall and VPN deployments (multiple locations), data center build out, and a data center migration.
* As a Program Manager at Microsoft, I scoped, planned and executed multiple releases of software and hardware solutions with external partners including Microsoft CRM and the Windows Media Player, Talyst's AutoPharm platform, Expedia's E.COM website, and Virtuoso's Composer product.
* In progress toward certification as a Project Management Professional.
Nov 2009 - Present
I design and implement LivePerson solutions to customer websites to enchance the web experience.
Nov 2008 - Apr 2009
Sr. IT Project Manager
- Delivered cross-functional projects supporting Product Development and Technical Operations to create a web based application for luxury travel.
- Led a virtual team consisting of program managers, system engineers, database engineers, and network architect to support the release of the Virtuoso web based product.
- Created detailed project schedules, release timelines and managed IT resources to support product development using AGILE methodologies.
- Plan and coordinate software release efforts of applications; accountable for daily/weekly status communication/meetings, managing changes, overall release readiness, dependency identification and contingency planning.
- Perform day to day vendor operations management including Telephony, email monitoring and external lab resources.
- Implemented infrastructure projects to support data and system security; scoped and drove the creation of the production environment using Microsoft technologies, Firewall and VPN deployments (multiple locations), data center build out, and a data center migration.
May 2008 - Nov 2008
Services Program Manager
- Delivered multiple projects supporting world-class online services for travel industry; utilized both iterative and waterfall methodologies collaborating with cross-functional teams.
- Communicated executive level status reporting of operational metrics and escalation of issues that impacted scope, schedule, project cost, or product cost to affected stakeholders as the IT liaison to Product Development.
- Accountable for the planning and deployment of Data Warehouse, Contact Center, PeopleSoft, and Expedia Financial Services products, solutions and technical infrastructure.
- Performed resource capacity planning, budget and scoping of new IT projects in support of Product Development through the IT Project Management Office.
Apr 2007 - Feb 2008
Manager, Program Management
- Led high performance team to implement programs and projects for enterprise-class pharmacy management solutions; collaborating with stakeholders and business owners.
- Defined product strategy, feature set, and release strategy for multiple healthcare products and initiatives targeting multi-site hospital systems through small retail pharmacies.
- Supported multiple release cycles by managing the schedule for functional implementation, development, test, and deployment for new and legacy products.
- Aligned product development goals and objectives with project scope, deliverables, timelines, and project meetings; facilitated and documented customer research site visits and feedback meetings into use cases and functional specifications.
- Defined hardware solutions including protocol definition, functional requirements, and partner and vendor management for automated medication dispensing.
Feb 2001 - Mar 2006
Program Manager - Windows Media Division
- Designed, created and delivered software and hardware products and solutions for Microsoft with an emphasis on customer experience; utilizing customer satisfaction as a success metric.
- Implemented a Certification Program for Media Center Extender (MCE) devices; developed documentation, test suite, and on-boarding program.
- Implemented projects and integrated release management deliverables for Windows Operating System; Windows Media Player 11 and Windows Media technology.
- Led the project team for development of the Windows Media Player 11 product integrating services, applications, and media devices as part of the release.
- Defined and executed the Sustaining Engineering process for Windows Media technology.
- Responsible for project management of all software and hardware beta programs for Windows Media technology including Windows Media Player and Media Center Extender devices.
- Managed release tasks of Digital Rights Management (DRM) assets for Windows Media Core Services.