File & job tracking database maintenance, project management, interpersonal communication, creative thinking, color theory, separation & correction, typography, 35mm & digital photography, photo manipulation, PC & Mac proficient, understanding of digital print production
Creative Suite 5: Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Image Ready, Adobe Flash, Adobe Dreamweaver; QuarkXPress; Corel Draw; Corel Paint; Microsoft Office: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook
Welcome to my visual resume. My vision is to obtain a position as a Graphic Designer and Branding Specialist while being a liaison between Marketing Communications in a premier environment that encourages creativity and growth. A representative sample of my work is showcased alongside my professional highlights, education and skills.
I am an enthusiastic, self-motivated creative coordinator and graphic design specialist with more than 15 years experience designing for the diverse internal and external audiences of defense techology and homeland security, health care, education, electronics and transportation, as well as other fields. My skill set involves capitalizing on project management, working with clients to assess marketing opportunities and develop visual solutions that can be carried out from conceptualization through production and distribution. While at ease juggling project priority fluctuations, meeting tight deadlines and maintaining a positive disposition, I am also eager to learn, have a knack for balancing creativity with clarity and am quick to react to changing trends.
Jul 1995 - Present
Freelance Graphic Designer
- Produced off-premise and out-of-state collateral, promotions, periodicals, data, and print.
- Extensive visual communication knowledge, multi-tasking, deadline-oriented, and organizational skills.
- Selected appropriate stock photography and clip art images for various companies.
- Produced ad campaign strategies for a variety of products and services.
- Designed thumbnails, roughs, and final comps for print advertising.
- Wrote copy for brochures and print media.
- Communicated corporate identity through design of logo and collateral.
- Created mechanicals; proofed blue lines and color keys.
- Used a wide range of typography and photography to appeal to specific audiences.
Sep 2011 - Present
Independent Contractor Graphic Designer
·Produced datasheets, proposal components, covers, cd labels, binder spines, posters, tradeshow banners and brochures for a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide.
·Created and revised collateral material with core focus on defense technology for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
·Experienced in a corporate structure with acute implementation of identity guidelines and brand continuity.
·Displayed strong finesse with translating facts and features of subject material into graphic terms that best convey intended meaning.
·Provided ideas, visual concepts and final designs for new market opportunities, and to leverage existing core defense programs and business areas.
·Ability to be self-directed and manage multiple priorities simultaneously within tight deadlines.
·Strong verbal, written, organizational and communication skills along with superior attention to detail.
Mar 2010 - Aug 2010
- Analyzed electronic component inventory and did a complete overhaul of the outdated newsletter by formatting into a more cohesive, user-friendly format with supporting images. Pre-pressed all elements for Japanese translation. Created new logo masthead identifier.
- Modernized the brand identity to the look of a market leader by raising the bar with thought-provoking imagery and copy. Revamped corporate identity elements: logo, color palette, brand user-guide, email signature, stock photography inventory, PowerPoint presentation, video, website and sales kit - consisting of business card, line card and brochures.
- Launched all-inclusive campaign to promote and highlight the newly established 10-year guarantee on all electronic components for USA, Japan, Germany and the UK. Participated in discussions with directors, management and outside agencies to articulate design vision and provide creative guidance in order to devise an optimal strategy to boost campaign sales. Post card/direct mailer, icon, die cut, flyer and advertisement.
- Produced monthly full-page ads for various electronic magazines in USA and UK. Ran ads simultaneously with press releases to further drive sales potential. Communicated with Marketing Specialist to track the direct impact advertising had on sales. Displayed ads internally for employee awareness.
- Assisted with Tampa Bay's premier team building, morale-boosting SportsFest event that is operated on the beach. Involved in all aspects of project management and event planning: graphic support for exhibits, meal ordering, beverage station, sign-in table and registration.
Jan 2008 - Mar 2010
Creative Services Coordinator
- Created layouts, mechanicals and artwork for advertising, promotional and educational purposes while adhering to corporate branding guidelines.
- Retrieved jobs and job elements from files/archives and collaborated with colleagues in keeping job tracking system current.
- Maintained digital assets and kept images and databases up-to-date.
- Photographed product shots and promotional items, enhancing with file correction as needed.
- Interpreted a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram and schedule form.
- Analyzed general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and government regulations. Prioritized time management, completed each stage by necessary deadlines and obtained final approval from regulatory affairs before preparing for output.
Aug 1999 - May 2003
Public Relations / Graphics Specialist
- Integrated materials for cross-promotions and launched successful marketing campaigns. Originated and recommended creative look for trolley artwork, bus wraps, and advertising ads. Harmonized with advertising agency to incorporate current themes, artwork, and photography.
- Renovated internal newsletter by energizing with eye-catching color schemes, contemporary masthead and layout, and captivating writing style. Established writing and production timelines. Obtained price quotes, coordinated printing and distribution.
- Revised system map layout. Studied industry trends and founded creative look. Managed annual update. Interfaced with map design company, advertising agency, screen printer, and inner departments. Reinforced deadlines. Inspected and ensured proof accuracy. Monitored final production of printed, folded maps.
- Designed ID’s for photo ID system for employees and passengers. Formatted and regulated database.
- Indoctrinated design fundamentals to 5 interns. Provided resourceful graphic support to all departments. Invented and prepared in-house graphic design materials and print collateral.
- Systemized and preserved photo and digital photo libraries.
- Utilized digital camera, maintained equipment, inventoried material and calibrated inkjet and laser printers. Researched and suggested upgrades for hardware and software.