I oversee all daily newsroom operations and personnel management for the Sun-Times, suntimes.com and oversee editors for Sun-Times Media network of eight daily publications, 32 weeklies and more than 40 news sites, reporting to the senior vice president for editorial.
• Charged with converting company to a digital publication - moving away from dependence upon print concentration.
• Seek out and maintain strategic partnerships, such as developing Homicide Watch Chicago.
• Work on forming digital content strategies - including new verticals for reported content, largely via Wordpress development independent of print CMS structure.
• Principal in developing new blog network, Voices, including direction of development staff.
• Develop social media strategies and use cases.
• Take charge of all major initiatives and content coverage developments, directing senior staff and newsroom personnel – breaking news, special reports, major events, etc.