Asset Management: Provided management oversight of prime assets owned by Microsoft co-founder, Paul G Allen's company, promoting a “triple bottom line” approach via sustainable operations, civic involvement and increasing the value of 40 downtown properties within a 60-acre, urban portfolio.Developedand executed asset strategies to include 5-year capital expenditure / annual business plans resulting in optimization of NOI and enhancement of asset values.
· Awarded CBRE-Seattle Asset Services – Commercial Office Team of the Year Award - 2007.
· Represented client’s interests in over $100MM of tenant improvement, capex and demolition projects.
· Developed and oversaw budgets for 17 business units, beating controllable expenses between 9% and11%.
· Over last four years, consistently exceeded budgeted NOI by an average of 9% across managed asset group.
· Teamed with transaction manager in 100+ leasing transactions and familiar with full-cycle leasing process.
Commercial RE Management: Oversaw $7.5MM operating budget for 1.1 MM sf of a diversified 3MM sf portfolio of commercial office, restaurant, retail, bio-tech / lab and company headquarters’ space. Directed a team of property professionals and partnered with suppliers in pro-active management of a mixed-use portfolio with $21MM in annual revenues, including tenants: Microsoft, Starbucks, JP Morgan Chase, and Group Health Cooperative.
· Saved a 6 year cumulative $300,000 through negotiation of vendor pricing and oversight of dozens of RFPs.
· Partnered w/ client’s construction team, transitioning over 20 properties between operations & development.
· Provided client operational review and comment on 1.7 MM sf, multi-block, Amazon.com, build-to-suit project.
· In 2010, assisted Account Manager in a portfolio-wide security services RFP, saving an additional $200,000.
Sustainable - Green Operations: Selected among peers to open a 320,000 sq ft LEED Gold project and NAIOP-Washington’s Best Sustainable Development of the Year, in 2007. Praised by client, “One of the smoothest openings…ever!” Ensured seamless transition from development to operations by involvement from early design to pre-completion to final hand off, including commissioning, warranty management and building occupation forward.
· Oversaw successful pursuit of quick-payback, energy rebate programs reducing utility spend by over 30%.
· Drove accomplishment of ENERGY STAR certification for two Seattle buildings, scoring an 88 and 91/100.
· Reduced landfill contribution by half and cut hauling costs a third with early promotion of compost program.