Secondary Teacher of the Gifted
Solanco School District
- Developed a gifted and talented curriculum for students in grades 7-12.
- Monitored the academic and social needs of up to 75 students per year.
- Wrote curriculum for and taught three elective classes
- Gifted Explorations: a humanities class focused on the relationship between American history and culture.
- Gifted Applications: a competition-based class where students work cooperatively to achieve success in various academic competitions
- Gifted Independent Study: a program allowing students to explore various interests with the help of faculty mentors
- Taught AP Seminar, a college-level research class
- Planned and facilitated various academic/vocational field trips and seminars
- Coached five academic teams:
- Odyssey of the Mind: a creative problem-solving competition utilizing engineering, music, and dramatic skills
- PA Mock Trial
- PA Governor's STEM Competition
- Susquehanna Valley Model United Nations
- Knowledge Master Open and Quiznet academic contests
- Served on various technology, research, and gifted education planning teams.