Secondary Teacher of the Gifted
Solanco School District
- Developed a gifted and talented curriculum for students in grades 7-12.
- Monitored the academic and social needs of up to 75 students per year.
- Wrote curriculum for, and taught three elective classes
- Gifted Explorations: a humanities class focused on the relationship between history and culture.
- Gifted Applications: a competition-based class where students work cooperatively to achieve in various academic competitions
- Gifted Independent Study: a program allowing students to explore various interests with the help of faculty mentors
- Planned and facilitated various academic/vocational field trips and seminar
- Coached four academic teams:
- Odyssey of the Mind: a creative problem-solving competition utilizing engineering, music, and dramatic skills
- PA Mock Trial
- Susquehanna Valley Model United Nations
- Knowledge Master Open academic contest
- Served on various technology, research, and gifted education planning teams.