Master of Regional Planning
- Principles of Spatial Design - Prof. Roger Trancik: Introductory spatial design class that required a design model of a 600 unit mixed use project on the last large piece of developable land in Ithaca.
- Urban Systems Studio - Prof. Roger Trancik: Application of urban-design and town-planning techniques to specific contemporary problems of city environments. Issues of urbanism were investigated and applied to physical-design interventions involving the street, square, block, garden, and park systems. Topics include urban land-use development, spatial systems and aesthetics, and public and private implementation of urban-design plans. Computer modeling and digital-design media are introduced as tools for urban design.
- Transportation Engineering - Introduction to technological, economic, and social aspects of transportation. Taught by a progressive teacher who emphasized public transport modeling and implementation. Also allowed me to do a GIS project related to bicycle transportation planning.
- Land Use Planning - Introduction to small and medium scale land use planning. Deliverable was a land-use plan for an imaginary city that we coined "Sustainiopolis".
- Affordable Housing - review of affordable housing policies. Class project involved a redevelopment proposal for a non-profit owned building in need of a redesign with the inclusion of affordable housing.
- Critical Urbanism
- Land Use Regulations
- Land Use Law