My over five years of working my way up in maurices has been rewarding experience as I have taken advantage of its growth opportunities. What began as a part-time, “fun” job turned out to shape my career in a greater way than I anticipated. My job allows me to not only use the skills I gained while earning my degree, but also to grow as a leader. My favorite thing about my job is leading my store's marketing and community engagement events. I organize and implement benefit fashion shows, as well as act as the store's liaison for community events, particularly Relay for Life. I also enjoy developing my management skills and consider a career in management more each day. However, I am mostly interested in finding opportunities where I can apply my public relations, event planning and leadership skills at a greater level.
Sep 2006 - Mar 2009
Bachelor of Arts in Journalism
- Dean's List
- Public Relations Students Society of America (PRSSA) member
- Peer Health Educator (Fall 2008)
- American English Institute (AEI) English Tutor (Summer 2008)
- Study Abroad in Queretaro, Mexico (Summer 2007)
Media release for one of the many concert series' events.
Click on image to view the social media release.
News release for Alvord-Taylor Independent Living Services' summer gardening project.
Shareholder letter created for classroom purposes only.
Public relations proposal created for classroom purposes only.
Apr 2009 - Present
First Asssistant Manager
- I assist, as well as lead, in all aspects of running the store, including: assisting customers, training and motivating the team, setting goals and expectations, implementing visual direction and recruiting. I also lead the store's hometown pride and marketing events.
- Promoted from assistant manager, dates held April 2009-July 2010
- Sales associate from July 2005 - March 2008.
Nov 2008 - Aug 2009
Touring and Booking Manager and PR Events Intern
- Conducted research and outreach with potential venues and performance groups.
- Secured flower sponsor and in-kind donations for fund raising gala.
- Helped organize and coordinate gala of 60 guests.
Jun 2009 - Aug 2009
- Reported and wrote stories about PPS for website.
- Created charitable giving website for over 80 PPS schools.
- Created website training presentation using Adobe Captivate.
Jan 2009 - Apr 2009
- Write press releases
- Develop Twitter strategy
- Help with events coordination
Oct 2008 - Nov 2008
- Wrote press releases that resulted in media coverage.
- Updated Web site content.
Jun 2008 - Sep 2008
Development Assistant Intern
- Developed media strategy with media lists, project plans, press releases and a brochure.
- Wrote news release that resulted in media coverage.
- Developed and participated in community-outreach events and projects, such as the Eugene Saturday Market and Eugene Celebration.