Strategic marketing and communications director with 10+ years of experience in creating and executing integrated programs across media - social, digital, print - and events. Led marketing programs for Inc. magazine, Departures Magazine, American Express, and Bank of America, as well as for agencies whose clients included MoMA and L'Oreal.
Seeking marketing/communications management position that will capitalize on the following core competencies:
- Social Media
- Digital Marketing
- Product Management
- Content Strategy & Development
- Events & Promotions
- Branding & Creative Services
- Communications & Public Relations
- Avid traveler who has visited most of North America and Europe, as well as Australia, Argentina, Uruguay, Morocco, Libya, China, and Thailand.
- A volunteer with the MS Society; served three years on Executive Board for the young professional's group.
- Active member of the American Express Toastmasters organization.
Hired as Director of Business Development/Strategy for Circle.com in San Francisco, then moved with executives to launch new company Danilo Black after sale of Circle.com to Euro RSCG. Managed brand development and redesign print and interactive projects for organizations and publications.
- Grew Circle.com revenue by $7 million in one year.
- Developed branding, print, and digital strategies for The Cato Institute, Automobile and ComputerWorld.
2009 - Present
Director of Content Marketing
Lead content and engagement strategies for clients, including development of social media channels, influencer relationships, and integration with other marketing programs.Develop relationships with client teams, media, influencers, syndication, and distribution partners. Work closely with other client partners on large engagements.
- Worked on-site with client to launch what is now an industry-leading, award-winning online small business publication, driving new initiatives through internal channels, including legal, public relations/public affairs, customer service, and product teams.
- Established community engagement strategy and guidelines, increasing positive response on site by 20% in first 3 months. Oversaw customer communications and moderation, monitoring brand perception across social channels.
- Developed editorial guidelines and scheduling for 100+ expert authors; improved timely delivery by authors by 20%.Created program for guest contributors, adding 200+ new authors for user-generated content.
- Launched first Twitter handle for Fortune-100 client; directly managed communication for first year.
- Launched executive blogs, on and off the platform; provided ghostwriting and trained new writers.
- Wrote 40+ pieces of content for marketing channels (e.g., e-mail, direct mail, articles) in first 6 months. Co-authored brand guidelines for the client.
2007 - 2009
Director of Brand Marketing
Directed cross-functional teams and vendors in the creation and execution of innovative marketing programs that combine print, online, direct mail, and live events to meet advertiser’s objectives. Managed public relations and internal communications. Planned the marketing budget. Supervised a department of three.
- Initiated and negotiated all strategic partnerships, including the SBA, U.S. Chamber of Commerce, National Association of Women Business Owners, Endeavor, and graduate business school programs.
- Launched new direct mail campaigns and an interactive viral game.
2006 - 2007
Sr. Marketing Manager
Led all brand marketing and merchandising efforts for the magazine. Wrote copy, incorporated research, and directed design and production of sales materials and presentations. Established new print and interactive merchandising programs, including print and online promotional pages, and instituted an RFP/merchandising tracking system. Produced digital and print trade advertising campaigns for the magazine and advertorials for advertisers.
- Developed all new marketing materials, including general and category presentations, print and online media kits, stationery, and brochures within three-month window for first sales meeting under new ownership.
- Collaborated on business development to achieve key wins in travel, luxury, liquor, and financial categories.
- Spearheaded magazine’s participation in launch of Entrepreneurship Week USA, a national series of online and live events involving more than 1,000 universities, grade schools, and community organizations.
2004 - 2006
Sr. Marketing Manager
Oversaw marketing for domestic and international editions. Produced print and online media kits and all sales materials. Revamped online marketing for the magazine and advertisers, including Web site, microsites, banner ads, and newsletters. Executed 20+ annual client events and sponsorships, as well as annual sales meetings for 65+ employees. Managed agencies and creative services, including advertising, direct mail, promotions, and premiums. Planned the marketing budget; supervised a team of three. Integrated corporate public relations into marketing.
- Redesigned information architecture for Departures.com.
- Cultivated new partnerships with Auction Napa Valley and The New York Design Fair.
- Produced five new annual advertising sections and doubled the number of research reports.
2002 - 2004
American Express Tax & Business Services
Managed marketing communications for over 20 industry/service practice groups. Wrote and edited 12+ quarterly American Express Tax & Business Services newsletters. Wrote proposals, executive speeches and sales presentations.
- Redesigned the Web site, increasing online access to information.
- Developed new service offerings, included Sarbanes-Oxley consulting.
1998 - 2000
Directed Web development projects involving teams of more than 20 people and budgets of more than $3 million. Launched e-commerce sites for MoMA and L’Oreal.
1997 - 1998
Managed Small Business Banking Web site. Assisted in product development for Direct Payment Online.
1995 - 1997
Managed copyediting and production of weekly and monthly newsletters; semiannual issues of Fortune magazine; two Web sites; and all materials for six annual conferences.
Wrote, edited, and directed design for brochures in luxury, B2B, and professional services categories.
Created general and category-specific presentations.
Created print and online media kits for two publications and international editions.
Wrote, edited, and directed design for sell sheets and other materials.
Copywriting and editing for various channels and industries
Managed client and sponsor events at conference.
Produced the holiday event for the national Luxury Advisory Board.
Produced VIP event, Departures conference, and trade show participation at the International Luxury Travel Market.
Planned and executed event celebrating the Departures China issue.