Assistant Superintendent Human Resources, H.P.S.D. #48
To obtain employment as a Vice Principal in Wild Rose School Division at Caroline school.
- Vice Principal, E.W. Pratt High School (2014-2015)
- Vice Principal in Training, Joussard School (2013-2014)
- C.A.P PD - Curriculum, Assessment and Pyramid of Intervention (2013-2015)
H.P.S.D. has had a focus on quality instruction for the past two years. The vice principals have participated in half day PD sessions throughout each year to build our understanding of best best practices in this area. We are building a foundation that we use in frequent classroom walk-throughs and coaching conversations with teachers.
- HPSD #48 Strategic Planning Retreats (2012,2013,2015)
I was immersed in a collaborative process of identifying issues based on school data, developing and researching strategies targeted specifically at improving our student success, and facilitating innovative change.
- HPSD #48 Spring Inclusion Conference session facilitator (2013)
I facilitated two sessions for HPSD #48 teachers on the topic of classroom webpages.
- NRLC Coaching Cohort book study organizer/facilitator (2013)
I initiated and facilitated the delivery of a Literacy based book study via Black Board Collaborate.
- NRLC Coaching Cohort session facilitator (2012)
I collaborated with a colleague to prepare and facilitate a half day session on coaching best practices as well as setting a direction for the coaching cohort.
- Best Instructional Practice Research Group (2012-2013)
We analysed current research and determined a strategy to improve HPSD #48 student achievement and developed an action plan for implementation of the strategies.
- Professional Development creation and delivery (2011-2013)
As Educational Technology Support Coach for HPSD #48 I was responsible for the creation and delivery of multiple professional development sessions for teachers which were delivered face to face, via Blackboard Collaborate or Video Conference.
- Bring Your Own Device Research Committee (2012-2013)
I researched current best practices and collaboratively developed an implementation framework for HPSD #48.
- HPSD #48 Divisional Website Support Team (2012-2013)
I collaboratively planned and implemented website deployment and training to all HPSD #48 professional staff.
- HPSD #48 Divisional PD Committee Secretary (2011-2013)
I acted as secretary for the committee; recording and organizing minutes and posting them for public access.
- Community Planning Session Facilitator (2012)
I facilitated sessions with parents, students, and staff discussing means of improving their schools.
- Science Department Chair (2009&2011)
I managed the budget, ordered supplies, and chaired the professional learning community.
- Science Fair Organizer (2009-2011)
Assistant Superintendent Human Resources, H.P.S.D. #48
Principal, E.W. Pratt School, H.P.S.D. #48
Principal, Joussard School, H.P.S.D. #48
Supervisor of Instruction, H.P.S.D. #48
Vice Principal, Prairie River Jr. High, H.P.S.D. #48
My duties include teacher supervision, student discipline, managing the emergency response system, support staff evaluations, facilitating PD for staff, academic counselling , staffing, building timetables and other duties as assigned.
My teaching assignment includes Mentorship and 10-4 Foods.
My duties included conducting parent meetings, student discipline, EA evaluations, teacher support and coaching, leading of a 1:1 technology implementation, teacher supervision, facilitating PD, budgeting, and day to day operation of the school.
My teaching assignment was half time grade one. The subjects I taught were math, science, social, health, fine arts and physical education. Throughout all the subjects I maintained a focus on literacy.
My role as a divisional coach was to work with teachers to build their capacity for implementing technology into their pedagogy. I worked with teachers one on one, in small groups and in large groups to provide them with training and coaching to achieve this goal. I attended professional development on a regular basis and read current literature on best practices in education. In this role I also worked collaboratively with four other divisional coaches to develop and deliver professional development based on educational best practices. Listed below are other main areas of focus.
- Integration of ICT curriculum- Promote/Support use of innovative technologies (Web 2.0 iPads, Google Docs, Diigo, Blogs)- Promote/Support best practices through technology (Routines using music, assessment with SMART Response, use of video and interactives) - Maintain sites for resource sharing (Moodle, Website, Diigo, Facebook, Twitter)- Support/Promote assistive technologies – Read and Write Gold, iPads)
My teaching assignment at Prairie River included grades seven to nine science, physical education, mathematics tutorial and a variety of option classes. I was extensively involved in organizing curricular based field trips, honours trips, and extra-curricular trips throughout my three years at Prairie River. Each year I also organized a local science fair and took students to a regional science fair in Fairview.
I completed a four week sick leave at E.W. Pratt. I was responsible for planning and implementing lessons and activities for a science 10 class and a biology 20 class.
During this time period I worked as a field operator May to August each year.
- Hunters Education Instructor (2013-2014) I taught the Hunters Education program to grades 5-6 at Joussard school.
- Science Fair Judge (2012 and 2013) I judged local science fairs in High Prairie and Donnelly
- Community Breakfast in Slave Lake Volunteer (2012)
- Arts and Science Day in Slave Lake Volunteer (2012)
- Teachers Teaching Teachers (2009 and 2010): I provided new teachers to High Prairie School Division with information and resources for starting a new teaching year.
- Rocky Mountain House Search and Rescue (2001).
E.W. Pratt High School
Prairie River Jr. High:
Roland Michener Secondary School, Slave Lake:
E.W. Pratt High School, High Prairie: November
Prairie River Jr. High, High Prairie:
Father Leonard Van Tighem Catholic School, Lethbridge.
Matthew Halton High School, Pincher Creek.
I completed four teaching internships during my degree:
Ed 2500: Grade five, all subjects (60 hrs).
Professional Semester 1: Grade seven, science, L.A., math, P.E. and art and grade ten P.E. (125 hrs).
Professional Semester 2: Grade five, all subjects (150 hrs).
Professional Semester 3: Grade seven science and health and grade eight science (16 weeks).
Cow/Calf Production Techniques
- Successful completion of Emperor's Challenge half marathon 2012
- Hiking of West Coast Trails 2005
Thank you for your consideration.