Experienced Manufaturing Manager who enjoys a challenge seeking opportunity to learn and improve skills while leading and developing your manufacturing team.
24 years in the manufacturing field, with considerable experience in continuous improvement and root cause analysis through total team involvement. A thorough knowledge of the process and procedures of the manufacturing environment, as well as Operation Management, direct floor production supervision and managing multiple departments with direct and indirect associates. Very strong organizational and interpersonal skills along with being Six Sigma (Green Belt) certified.
Feb 2008 - Nov 2008
Finish Assembly / Paint Supervisor
Lead and manage 25 unionized direct report team members in the assembly and painting of plastic injection molded interior trim.
- Coordinated work flow.
- Ensured that department labor potential was met.
- Overseen company and customer quality requirements.
- Adjusted and troubleshoot assembly fixtures.
- Trained associates on production standards which includes safety, quality, quantity, Operator Instruction Sheets.
- Implemented fixture specific downtime recording for greater awareness of quality and productivity issues.
Jun 1984 - Nov 2007
Manufacturing Manager 2006 - Nov 2007
Managed operations of multiple 3 shift automated robotic mig and tig welding departments effectively producing heavy chassis components.
- Routed the Rear Lower Control Arm finish weldment exit conveyor to exit at the loader instead of the back of the machine resulting in a $90K annual savings.
- Improved tooling datum's to reduce process scrap, resulting in <0>
- Utilized CogniTense, a 3D vision based, non contact measurement systems and weld gap analysis to improve weld gaps to less than .5mm for the Front Lower Control Arm and Rear Trailing Arm. $175K annual savings.
- Conducted on the floor fishbone analysis with the team for Safety, Quality and Downtime issues resulting in no repeat safety and quality issues and a reduction downtime issues.
Launch Leader 2005 - 2006
Lead a well diverse team of Manufacturing Engineers, Quality Engineers, Technical and Machine Operators on a new control arm robotic mig, tig welding and bushing insertion to a successful program launch.
- Implemented and conducted daily team downtime and quality meetings resulting in continuous improvement of machine utilization and efficiency.
- Added raw goods over and under (material handling systems) at the weld cells and finish goods rollers at the final assembly cells for better part presentation and reduced downtime related to material handling for 90K annual savings.
- Improve extrusion fit up to bushing diameter resulting in a 60% reduction of bushing push out validation scrap to the customers original Statement of Work.
- Developed SOP's, Rework Instructions and Gage Instructions allowing for consistent training of all associates
Business Unit Leader 2001 - 2005
Managed operations of multiple 3 shift automated robotic mig and tig welding, bushing insertion and tube bending departments effectively producing heavy chassis components.
- Developed and lead yearly unit budget business plan based on plant goals.
- Developed and lead capital expenditure plans resulting in reductions of direct labor dollars.
- Conducted associate team meetings detailing and reviewing process flow, standardized work and work balance resulting in team agreed upon direct labor reductions.
- Developed and implemented machine specific hourly count / downtime boards resulting in quicker response to production issues and higher efficiency.
- Developed and implemented daily Team Leader / Operator shift start up meetings resulting in higher communication between safety, quality and production issues.
- Coached and mentored Team Leaders allowing them to be effective leaders.
Manufacturing Manager 1999 - 2001
Managed operations of multiple 3 shift automated robotic mig and tig welding, bushing insertion and tube bending departments effectively producing heavy chassis components from program launch through start of production.
- Developed and conducted weekly quality meetings resulting in receiving the gold award from Chrysler for 2 straight years at zero customer PPM. Ford program customer PPM at <10>
- Performed work balance and raw goods presentation for an annual savings of $90K on Rear Crossmember final assembly cells.
- Performed weld cycle time analysis allowing one associate to run both front crossmember final assembly cells resulting in a $90K annual savings.
- Performed daily team scrap disposition meeting resulting in <0>
- Added roller rack transfer system reducing material handler downtime and operator dependency.
Operation Superintendent 1998 - 1999
Managed and supervised multiple 3 shift automated robotic mig and tig welding, stamping presses, plasma and laser cutting tube departments effectively producing stamping components and safety side impact doorbeams.
- Ensured that all quality standards and productivity levels were met and exceeded.
- Ensured that all policies and procedures were being met on an equal and consistent basis.
- Interacted with all support groups by utilizing continuous improvement action plans to insure that all requirements were being met.
- Maintained and improved planned work force and utilization goals.
- Evaluated and directed housekeeping and safety standards were met to company goals.
- Coached and mentored Team Leaders on effective management.
- Reported directly to the Plant Production Manager.
Team Leader 1988 - 1998
Supervised shift production automated robotic mig and tig welding, stamping presses, plasma and laser cut tube departments effectively producing stamping components and safety side impact doorbeams.
- Scheduled production jobs and manpower requirements by utilizing Kanban boards for 20 robotic weld cells. Insuring all customer requirements is met.
- Lead a work force of over 55 skilled and semi-skilled personnel, by participating in and coordinating such programs as training, orientation, safety, evaluations and counseling, by fostering an atmosphere of positive associate relations through open communication and problem solving.
- Ensured production and quality processes are within customer (GM, Ford, Chrysler, Saturn, Toyota, and NUMMI) specifications.
- Interacted with engineering, human resources, production control, maintenance, quality assurance and technical services to insure all manufacturing demands were being met.
- Assured compliance of company, division and department procedures were met.
- Evaluated and directed housekeeping and safety standards to ensure that company goals were met.
- Promoted team building by directing and participating in total quality assurance teams, which enhanced the overall manufacturing process.