- Raleigh NC
Co-Host and Producer
Jan 2015 - Present
Deliver It Podcast
"Deliver It" is a podcast for agile Product Owners. Co-hosts Cory Bryan and Kim Andrikaitis bring their experience and ideas on how to improve the role, and techniques they use to deliver value within an agile framework. The show brings together relevant news, discussion around a central topic and your feedback in a fun and supportive way.
VP - Technical Product Manager ( Product Owner )
Sep 2011 - Present
- Created a high-performing agile team that adapts to changing requirements, priorities, and methods with successful deliveries.
- Lead cross-functional global organization located across 3 countries with 60 resources, a $10m budget, multiple complex features and an aggressive release schedule.Included scaling of 8 feature teams with design, data, and business members.
- Owner of the Product Backlog and product road map for an Executive and Senior level risk management dashboard for the bank.
- Presented application demonstrations to client and business customers for understanding and led User Story discovery for new business.
- Led UI component team implementation for a new version of a flagship client facing application.
- Developed a collaborative product design studio with NCSU Schools of Design and Computer Science that over 3 semesters, fostered a design-focused partnership with an emphasis on collaborative innovation.
- Certified Scrum Product Owner and member of the Scrum Alliance
AVP - QA and Testing Manager
May 2011 - Jun 2012
- Hired a new team of 5 testers to support the fastest growing area in the development center within budget.
- Led the transition to an agile methodology for the Risk Control Room project as Scrum Master for 2 teams.
- Managed the testing of 4 applications for the Risk and Transaction Data groups.
May 2006 - May 2011
- Performed In-house review and refocused the SQA team’s testing priorities to match company objectives satisfying Corporate Executive direction
- Managed and hired individual contributors for manual and automated testing teams with 23 staff.
- Lead the transformation from traditional waterfall SDLC to more agile methods using Scrum techniques. Served as Scrum Master and evangelist for management.
- Managed the testing of 9 independent applications with 49 major/minor/SP releases to customers through Functional, Performance, Defect, Beta, and Acceptance testing phases.
- Managed 3 separate offshore teams during test cycles and during of implementation of custom test harness increasing automation tests by 20% and reduced over 1,200 legacy defect reports.
- Discovered and lead the deployment of a new tool to decrease the time spends in problem resolution by 40% across affected products.
- Implemented Defect Review of product lines that successfully increased information available to Product team and led to higher quality products and more informed stakeholders.
- Created quality metrics to show status of testing and defects to internal customers and executive management to facilitate information sharing.
Sr SQA Engineer - Field Service Engineer
Jan 1999 - May 2006
- Uncovered an unused automation tool and implemented and operated it for a utility billing system that resulted in changing the testing time from 4 weeks to 4 days.
- Interfaced as “Go To” contact with 5 clients and provided training, implementation, and integration of complex power billing system that worked successfully in each client's facility after installation.
Certified Scrum Product Owner
Apr 2012 - Present