· I receive patients and explain proceduresproviding appropriate care and communicate to alleviate fear of examination.
· Correctly position and make adjustment necessary to the patient for the examination. Determine if any special patient preparation is required.
· Operate the provided mammography unit.
· Receive and interpret request or instructions for mammography exams.
· Perform daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual quality control inspection on all mammography units and film processors.
· Perform daily warm ups of all mammography units.
· Maintain Mammography film files and hanging films for comparison.
· Perform screening and diagnostic mammograms to include spot compressions and magnification views when necessary.
· Set up and assist radiologist with needle localization.
· Identify abnormalities during film processing and determine need for additional mammography views per department protocol (either before or after consulting with department radiologist.)
· Notify physician of significant exam requiring immediate attention.
· Maintain clean mammography unit, film processor.
· Stock and maintain an adequate level of supplies required for mammography exams and procedures