Peel Career Assessment Services Inc.
* Interview, assess, and assist clients to achieve their employment goals through identifying barriers and
following up on a plan of action to achieve employment goals throughout case management.
* Provide one to one coaching and motivation and prepare clients for employment through the facilitation of life skills, job search, pre-employment and job maintenance workshops.
* Administer and interpret assessments designed to determine the interests, aptitudes and abilities of clients such as CAPS & COPS system.
* Present information for women, youth and internationally educated professionals on topics including effective job search strategies, accessing the hidden job market, cold-calling, job posting analysis, résumé & cover letter writing, developing strong references and successful interview techniques.
* Provide career counselling such as career decision-making, job market research and assistance to apply for OSAP and other professional development institutions.
* Once per week administer skills and interests assessments for women in the Newcomer Information Centre at the Centre for Education and Training in Oakville and at the Luso Learning Centre in Toronto through itinerant services.
* Provide established workers with information on maintaining a job or moving within an organization, dealing with job dissatisfaction or making a mid-career change.
* Collect labour market information for clients regarding to job openings, entry and skill requirements and other occupational information.
* Increased in 300% the number of new clients within the first year of arrival in Canada and 400% after the first year.
* Outreached Brazilian Landed Immigrants throughout Social Media changing the agency profile of most served language from Punjabi to Portuguese and Spanish.
* Placed 90% of clients in to jobs in related field of expertise or survival ones through guidance and résumé writing and 10% of clients in to educational programs.
Coordinated all program’s Social Media accounts from advertisement to promotion of community information.
* Write articles for the Portuguese speaking community in Toronto for the newspaper “Jornal da Gente” and independently created a blog named www.comunidadebrasilcanada.wordpress.com, providing community information in Portuguese and referring people in need for services available across the GTA. This blog has an average of 100 viewers per day.
* Independently created, implemented and facilitate a two session workshop on Social Media for Job Seekers in order to instruct them on how to brand themselves as well as to build a positive online identity.