- Manchester, United Kingdom, GB
- 07397 101 303
I was responsible for generating new conference and event business at this well established 4* city centre hotel.
Overseeing the meeting and events sales team, I was responsible for the organisation of conferences and social events within the hotel, including weddings and business dinners. I ensured myself and the team followed up enquiries to convert and confirm bookings, conduct show-rounds with prospective bookers and support clients in creating their perfect event.
My role also included advertising through various channels (online and offline), working with agencies and clients directly, revenue generation, budgeting and forecasting, recognising and maximising business opportunities, managing the day-to-day running of the conference and events sales team.
• Proactively and reactively selling conference and events at 28 unique properties across the UK
• Inputting data into system to convert new leads into repeat business
• Maximising upselling opportunities
• Contracting business through agents and direct with clients
• Product and local knowledge of 28 properties
• Managing of budgets and analysing KPIs
• Managing and maintaining accounts
• Finding new sales leads through research and achieving conversions
• Administering client contracts and ensuring that correct procedure is adhered to
• Collating weekly and monthly revenue reports
• Handling sales phone calls and e-mails
• Communicating with clients
• Compiling client Information Packs
• Assisting with the copy writing of marketing materials
• Developing and implementing ideas for the marketing and sales our hotel and restaurant
• Utilising social networking opportunities to facilitate sales and increase brand awareness
• Assisting with promotional events
• Attending and presenting at trade shows and school fairs
• Supporting the Director of Sales and Marketing in all aspects of their work
• Sold hotel bedrooms to corporate and leisure clients
• Actively seeking new business for the hotel in leisure, sports, and corporate markets
• First & last point of contact for meeting, conference and events enquiries in the hotel, including weddings & Christmas parties.
• Liaising with event holders regarding their event, and using opportunities to upsell
• Familiarity trips for agents and/or potential business/leisure clients
• Managing annual and monthly budgets in terms of promotional materials bought and ROIs
• Development, implementation and managing of marketing plans in line with budgets and analysing KPIs
• Creating online and offline content for marketing and promotion of the hotel, including setting up Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, & Pinterest
•To supply the highest possible level of guest care and service to the guests internal and external
•Supervise the team
•Meet, greet and seat the guests at their tables ensuring that they are satisfied with their meals and the service they receive
•To ensure that the Banqueting Rooms in use are laid correctly for food service, in line with the function details
•Ensure that all mise en place is ready for service
•Ensure that all tableware is clean, polished and placed on the tables in accordance with standards
•All conference rooms in use are serviced during lunch times as per company standards
•To complete daily checklists as required
•To assist other departments in their busy/peak periods if required
•Ensure that I was fully conversant with all equipment with the department in order to utilise the equipments maximum potential
Playing a key role in online and offline media campaigns for Liverpool Green Party and the forthcoming Liverpool City Region Metro Mayor election. Working closely with the LCR candidate, and campaign manager, as well as co-ordinator press events, and press releases in a fast-paced political environment.
At the front line of National Trust Formby, myself and the volunteer team make sure everyone who visits us has a day to remember and keeps on coming back.
Give representatives of workers from Park Inn by Radisson Hotels, UK a direct line of communication to top management. I also assisted in ensuring that workers in different countries are all told the same thing at the same time about transnational policies and plans. Lastly, they give workers’ representatives in unions and national works councils the opportunity to consult with each other and to develop a common European response to employers’ transnational plans, which management must then consider before those plans are implemented.