Proudly working for Orange County Government as an Inmate Records (Dockets) Supervisor at Orange County Corrections. I am also a proud member of the United States Army National Guard, as a Non-Commissioned Officer in Air Defense Artillery at C Battery/3-265th ADA out of Palmetto, Florida. Furthermore, I am always working on careergrowthand providing myself a mental challenge as well as assisting others in accomplishing their life goals!
Oct 2007 - Present
- Detect, track and identify aircraft
- Broadcast early warning information
- Perform operation and intelligence duties in Air Defense units
- Evaluate tactical electronic intelligence data
Transportation Management Coordinator
Responsible for scheduling and selecting the modes of transportation for personnel and equipment. Duties included:
- Advise military and DoD civilians of their entitlements for shipment of personal property and passenger travel and prepare the necessary documentation
- Request and coordinate transportation to meet a movement mission
- Mark, label cargo and freight shipments in accordance with regulatory requirements
- Document and inventory freight, cargo and materiel shipments of all types; operating automated data terminal equipment to preparing movement documentation or related correspondence
- Arrange documentation and reports for follow-up or response to tracer actions
- Prepare transportation movements documents and related forms for the type of shipment and mode of travel
- Perform system administrator duties such as installing software and uploading data to computer systems
- Prepare equipment, cargo, and personnel for travel to airports, seaports, and railways
- Prepare and process documentation for loss, damage control and retrograde shipments
I am an American Soldier.
I am a Warrior and a member of a team.
I serve the people of the United States and live the Army Values.
I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.
I am disciplined, physically and mentally tough, trained and proficient in my warrior tasks and drills. I always maintain my arms, my equipment and myself.
I am an expert and I am a professional.
I stand ready to deploy, engage, and destroy the enemies of the United States of America in close combat.
I am a guardian of freedom and the American way of life.
I am an American Soldier.
Oct 2009 - Present
Assistant Security & Transportation Logistics Supervisor
Orange County Convention Center
General FunctionsPerforms assistant supervisory duties in support of the Security Division. Oversees the security operations to include building and parking garage security and safety; as well as traffic, dock operations, and directional signage functions for the Orange County Convention Center. Also assists with the day-to-day administrative and operational functions. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Security Supervisor. Representative Duties /Assignments
- Recommends and monitors security and safety standards for the Convention Center complex, to include risk avoidance, incident reporting, crowd control, and disaster preparedness.
- Recommends modification or replacement of the existing security systems to operate at maximum efficiency for the Center.
- Reviews and recommends policies and procedures relating to security, traffic, dock and safety functions, ensuring they are maintained, and staff is trained to carry out their responsibilites in an efficient and effective manner.
- Assists in forecasting and scheduling staffing needs in an efficient, effective and responsive manner.
- Assists in planning, organizing, and coordinating the work and schedules for security personnel.
- Ensures the safety of all Center and client personnel, equipment and facilities.
- Assists in the development of security response programs in anticipation of emergencies.
- Coordinates with outside agencies including Orange County Sheriff's Office, Florida Highway Patrol, Florida Department of Law Enforcement, corporate protection teams, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Treasury Department, State Department, and the Secret Service in order to ensure the safety of international, national and corporate dignitaries and officials.
- Prepares and monitors plans for controlling and overseeing vehicular traffic at the Convention Centure, including parking areas.
- Determines temporary parking areas needed for overflow or special events.
- Coordinates hiring off-duty law enforcement officers (to include personnel from the Orange County Sheriff's Office, Orlando Police Department and Florida Highway Patrol) as well as corresponding supervisory staff, for traffic details.
- Coordinates the Commercial Drivers License (CDL) drug and alcohol testing program.
- Ensures all security, traffic and safety policies and procedures are enforced.
- Responds to customer requests.
- Makes recommendations and identifies needs, and develops training programs for Center security personnel.
- Monitors incident reports and ensures completeness, accuracy and timeliness, and that they are forwarded to appropriate personnel.
- Assists in coordinating the scheduling and monitoring for fire sprinkler and fire pump testing, and fire inspections.
- Attends in-house pre-convention and operation meetings as needed. Coordinates security contracts with service partners.
- Oversees temporary labor contracts.
- Ensures contract compliance.
- Meets the Center of Hospitality (CoH) standards.
- Performs special projects and other work as assigned.
Aug 2006 - Oct 2009
Transportation Logistics Supervisor
Responsible for developing vehicular traffic plans at the Orange County Convention Center, including, but not limited to, shuttle buses, taxis, pedi-cabs, personal vehicles, parking areas and pedestrian traffic. Direct supervision is received from the Transportation Supervisor and Assistant Transportation Supervisor and performance is reviewed through conferences, reports and results achieved.
May 2001 - Oct 2004
Law Enforcement Officer
Perform uniformed, sworn police work involving the performance of emergency and non emergency law enforcement duties such as enforcing all the laws of the State of Florida and city ordinances of the city of employment. Duties include but are not limited to responding to violent criminal incidents, neighborhood and foot patrol, traffic enforcement, arrest and booking procedures, report writing, investigation of crimes, proficiency in first responder, defensive tactics and firearms, interviewing of victims and suspects, case follow up, etc.; work is performed under minimal supervision; Proficiency with Glock .45, .40 & 9mm calibers, Sig Sauer 9mm, H&K MP5, AR15, & M16. Accomplishments: Crisis Intervention Team Member; 2nd Place SWAT Team tryouts; Commendations for capture of Armed Carjacking suspect, Burglary suspect and assisting in safe return of suicidal citizen.
Jan 1997 - May 2001
Community Service Officer
Respond to emergency and non-emergency police calls such as criminal incidents not in progress, fires (including vehicle, residential, commercial), arsons, gas leaks/hazardous material spills or explosions, burglaries (including residential, commercial and vehicle), stolen/recovered vehicles, traffic crashes (minor crashes to traffic homicides), missing juveniles/adults, emergency road closures, traffic positions, animal complaints, abandoned/disabled vehicles, theft, criminal mischief (vandalism), forgeries, frauds, embezzlements, counterfeit currency/checks, and other economic crime related calls. Accomplishments: Field Training Officer; Promotion to CSO II
2004 - 2008
Bachelor of Arts Degree
The Sociology degree focused on having a special insight and a broad understanding of, and a critical concern for, the operation and the problems of human society including racism, sexism, classism, homophobia and environmental destruction. An additional goal is to foster competencies in accurate observation, analysis and evaluation of social interaction and social organization. My Bachelor of Arts degree in Sociology has prepared me to pursue graduate study in sociology and in other related areas such as business, law, public policy, urban planning and social work, as well as developing valuable skills in data analysis, social trend research, program evaluation and organizational management. The Criminal Justice Administration degree prepared me in the pursuit of different professional career goals while integrating criminal justice and law with other relevant disciplines. My degree in criminal justice administration prepared me to excel in my law enforcement knowledge and career, such as promotion and leadership roles as well as graduate study.
1999 - 2000
Law Enforcement Certification
The Criminal Justice Institute at Valencia Community College is certified by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, Division of Criminal Justice Standards and Training.
Program Description:This program is designed to prepare individuals for entry level positions in law enforcement, such as police officers and deputy sheriffs.
Program Content:Courses include Law, Vehicle Operations, Communications, First Aid, Firearms, Defensive Tactics, Patrol, Investigations, Investigating Offenses, Traffic Stops, Crash Investigations, Tactical Applications, Dart-Firing Stun Gun and State Exam Review.
Practical Skills and Field Exercises:Practical skills and field exercises include courtroom demeanor and testifying, report writing, identification, collection and preservation of evidence, interviewing and interrogation techniques, radio communications, patrol techniques, traffic direction, traffic crash investigations, police vehicle operation, defensive tactics, arrest techniques, firearms training, chemical agent application, cpr and first aid, fingerprinting and sobriety testing.(Program Length: 770 hours)