- SalesForce.com Certification/Administrator Training (2006)
- Speak Like a Leader (2008)
- Supervision in Action Program (2003-2005)-Corporate managerial training program.
- Microsoft Office Training: Project, Access, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Visio (1998-2005)
- Adobe Training: Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign (1998-2005)
- Covey: Strategy & Execution (2005)
- Management Tools (2004)/Coaching for Results (2004)
- Workplace Interaction Styles (2004)/Performance Management (2004)
- Administration/Operations Management (2004)
- AMA School of Market Research (2003)
- Personal Selling (2002)
- Customer Service Training (2001)
- Lotus Notes (2000)
- Covey: 7 Habits of Successful People/Managers (2000)
- The Customer Class (1999)
- Fluent in Spanish (Business/Conversational)
- Achieved PCM (Professional Certified Marketer) Designation through the National American Marketing Association (2006.)
- BMA Circle Awards Winner (2006) for the Voluntary Marketing Campaign "What Would Life be Like Without It?" (2 Gold Level and 3 Silver Level awards)
- Active member in SCIP, SHRM, NAPES, AMA, BMA, Marketing Sherpa, Marketing Profs, Email Experience Council, DMA and LIMRA trade organizations (2000-Present.) AMA Board member 2003-2004. BMA Board Member 2004-Present. YWCA Board Member 2007-2008.
- Adjunct Faculty for Northwood University teaching management, marketing and philosophy courses (2003-2006)
- Volunteered for DECA, United Way, and Girl Scouts of America (2000-Present.)
- Awards while at Delivra: 2010 Indiana Company to Watch-Delivra, 2011 Best Places to Work in Indiana-Delivra, 2010 Indiana's Favorite Business Blog-Delivra's EmailChatr (Top 10 & Category Winner)
Accomplished marketing executive with over 17 years professional experience in a variety of industries. Success has been centered on core marketing philosophies tied to clear strategic communication, new technologies, in-depth market analysis, innovative strategies and strong management skills.
Areas of Strength:
Web 2.0 Technologies Website Management/Maintenance
SalesForce.com Certified Corporate Blogging/Social Media
Google Analytics/Adwords Web SEO Optimization
Sales Management PPC and Search Engine Marketing
Team Building and Leadership Lead Generation
Trade Marketing Expertise New Product Launch and Positioning
Market Copywriting Project Management
Business Requirements Documentation Market and Competitive Analysis
May 2011 - Present
Director of Marketing/Business Development
At Oak Street Funding, I am responsible for managing all strategic and tactical marketing efforts for the company. In addition to the day-to-day marketing efforts, I also manage strategic partnerships & business development. Indianapolis-based Oak Street Funding (www.oakstreetfunding.com) is a family of diversified financial services companies that offers commission-based commercial financing exclusively for insurance professionals and third-party loan servicing for financial institutions. Oak Street utilizes industry knowledge, proprietary technology and passion to deliver top-quality service and capital products to insurance and finance professionals nationwide.
Jun 2009 - May 2011
Director of Marketing
At Delivra, I am responsible for managing all strategic and tactical marketing efforts for the company. In addition to the day-to-day marketing efforts, I also manage strategic partnerships & integrations. Delivra helps organizations communicate by providing email marketing software and services. The company empowers marketers of all sizes by providing them with the user-friendly tools and support systems they need to create, send, and track email programs. In addition to on-demand email Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), the company also provides ancillary services necessary to make email campaigns successful. These include software training, deliverability tools, database management and integration, production services, and technical support. Delivra is a privately held company founded in 1999 and headquartered in Indianapolis. Its 500+ clients span all major industries including associations, business services, consumer products, education, entertainment/travel, financial services, healthcare/insurance, not for profit, publishing, sports, and ad agencies. For more information, visit www.delivra.com.
Sep 2008 - May 2009
Director of Marketing
Responsibilities included management of Marketing/Lead Generation department, staff, and overall marketing strategy/company initiatives. Duties also included management of all online representation, print and electronic media and collateral for the company, partners, and sponsor relationships.
- Established marketing strategy,brand messaging and collateral platform for internal and external constituents. Facilitated negotiation for strategic partnerships and key sponsorships within chosen industries.
- Identified vendor partners in which to build relationships with for print production, email marketing, list management, branding, marketing collateral, blogging, and public relations.
- Coordinated and Facilitated Web site redesign, build of a content management solution, and updates on a regular basis. Active member of product development team charged with making product changes and improvements on a 6-week schedule.
- Established qualified and cold lead program. Managed team of lead generators to qualify business and set appointments for sales team.
- Managed online representation,marketing technology applications, staff and worked with other key stakeholders inside and outside of firm to further Vontoo's marketing and strategic efforts. Helped facilitate over-funding in recent investment round and numerous PR placements.
- Designed Vontoo U customer education portal providing best practices, set-by-step tutorials and application FAQs. Also designed www.doyouvontoo.com, a user based community/social network.
- Successfully Launched Vontoo's Gift of Voice program providing service to community Not-for-Profit organizations.
Mar 2007 - Aug 2008
Director of Marketing
Responsibilities included management of Marketing department, staff, and overall marketing strategy/company initiatives. Duties also included management of all facets of bringing a product to market from concept to actual marketing rollout and monitoring. Managed continuing education events and course development.
- Managed technology projects integrating new systems such as email marketing tools, time-tracking software, CRM, and Web site maintenance. Rebuilt Web site to gain higher usability and traffic, utilizing SEO and SEM.
- Designed Continuing Education programs leading to increased revenue for the firm.
- Established SEC Compliance process and framework managing all materials used to market and sell to clients.
- Identified vendor partners in which to build relationships with for CRM, email marketing, list management, branding, marketing collateral and print production.
- Successfully Created and Launched education program in partnership with a major strategic alliance (Academy of General Dentists) to build a legacy educational offering and bring clients to Hufford.
- Coordinated and Facilitated Web site redesign and updates on a regular basis.
- Managed marketing staff and worked with other key stakeholders inside and outside of firm to further Hufford's marketing efforts.
- Successfully Led key strategic alliance initiative with Academy of General Dentistry to build awareness of financial readiness, build a Hufford legacy for educational leadership and attract clients to the firm.
Aug 2003 - May 2007
Served as an Adjunct Faculty member teaching Management/Marketing courses that included:-Strategic Management-Organizational Management-Operations Management-HR Management-Marketing-Philosophy of Free Enterprise/Business EthicsAttended Northwood University for undergrad degree and enjoyed the program so much that I wanted to give back and stay active. Upon completing my MBA with Anderson University, I returned to Northwood to teach marketing/management coursework on an undergrad level. Taught these courses while also working full-time at OneAmerica.
Feb 1999 - Feb 2007
Director of Marketing
Responsibilities included management of Marketing, Sales, Research & Development staff and company initiatives. Duties also included management of all facets of bringing a product to market from concept to actual marketing rollout and monitoring.
- Built Market Research function in Retirement Services and Group Employee Benefits Divisions at OneAmerica Financial Partners, Inc. contributing to a streamlined and coordinated service.
- Redefined product strategy and development processes resulting in an improved understanding and streamlined approach in many areas.
- Successfully Created and Launched Group University training program designed to train new sales and Home Office employees leading to improved employee performance from date of hire.
- Designed Group Employee Benefits Division intranet with over 1,000 postings to date creating improved accessibility and decreasing a $100k print budget by over 50%.
- Coordinated and Facilitated Producer level and Bank Partnership Council research focus groups contributing to increased levels of understanding with our customers.
- Successfully Led communications effort for a key business acquisition, including policyholder notification, producer communication and public affairs information contributing to a smooth transition of a $60M block of business.
- Purchased and Introduced Web-based email marketing and survey tool (Exact Target and later vTrenz) for the Group Employee Benefits Division responsible for a savings of over $100K in direct marketing expenses. Also purchased and introduced SalesForce.com CRM application and lead implementation of the application across all divisions successfully training, on boarding, and implementing for over 300 sales representatives.
- Created marketing materials and strategic plan for group employee benefit products contributing to Group strategy over a three-year period.
1993 - 1999
Responsibilities included design and implementation of bookkeeping, commission and inventory control systems for souvenir trailer sales. Additional responsibilities included marketing, stocking and designing wholesale/retail merchandise, conducting consumer demographic research through the use of surveys and focus groups, organization of fan/sponsor events for visiting clients and racecar drivers, creation of marketing & sponsorship proposals on behalf of drivers/race teams.