I enjoy reading biographies and science fiction, tinkering, billiards, and football.
A web based designer, developer, and customer service representative. Capable of taking a web site from concept through design, to breakout and development, and the continued improvement of live content.
Resourceful team player with great customer services skills.
Key skills include the ability to approach customer relations in a clean and straight forward fashion, the ability to learn quickly, follow instructions, and work with the changing scope and direction of any project.
Nov 2007 - Present
- Conference calls between the client, DBA’s, and developers and assuring time is allocated appropriately.
- Assisting with outage recovery and analyzing/repairing the causes.
- Updating and deploying content through a multiple Jboss instance setup using the Development, Staging, and Production server system.
- Daily update or trouble shoot jsp pages and content in a LINUX or UNIX system.
Nov 2005 - Aug 2007
Interactive Design/Development Manager
- Created graphic designs in support of a wide range of web page development needs - navigation, borders, headers/footers, ads, etc.
- Developed web pages from conceptual mock ups in the form of an image.
- Increased public awareness for customer causes through the blogosphere by designing and developed Blog Ads from concept through messaging and implementation.
- Awarded 2007 Pollie for Best Blog Ad Design from the American Association of Political Consultants. The ad was produced for the American Home Owners Association.
- Designed and developed all types of HTML Forms including blogs, petitions, polls, online donation forms.
- Performed website testing and optimization for cross browser support (Firefox, Internet Explorer, Netscape, Safari, Opera)
- Evaluated web sites for redesign and recommended changes regarding ease of navigation, messaging and visual appeal.
- Designed and developed graphic based HTML emails (eCom) for distribution to millions of Congressional constituents.
- Maintained internal IT systems for a company of twenty employees. Duties included user administration, hard drive ghosting/restoration, antivirus maintenance, desktop and laptopmaintenance and upgrades.
No on Proposition 87 – Created to stop an $87 billion tax on gas
- Uploaded television commercials and radio spots
- Redesigned display system for news articles and updates
TruthandFairness.org – Setup to gather donations for the Duke Lacrosse court fees and for other law injustices.
- Home page redesign
- Editing and rearranging content based on new mission statement
MyWireless.org – Developed with wireless freedom in mind from tax laws to privacy infringement.
- Designed count down bar for the home page.
- Created online forms for contacting the local press and members of local government
May 2005 - Sep 2005
Corner's Beverage Shop
Facilitated the growth in sales of higher end products through suggestive selling and one on one customer interaction.
Responsibilities included cashier, stocking, general cleaning and basic maintenance projects.
Sep 2003 - Jun 2005
- Managed most of the day to day customer inquiry calls.
- Successfully manage shifts in a restaurant grossing $30,000 per week.
- Managed teams of up to ten staff in store operations including production, service counter, cash control and customer service.
- Supervised and facilitated associate training.