- Walter Benson Entrepreneurial Summit - Founding Member of Entrepreneurship program for high school students in Washington, DC
- Certified judge for the Kansas City Barbeque Society
- Struggling Golfer - 22 handicap but slowly making progress
Market and Product Development specialist: Expert in product lifecycle from concept development through launch. Manages relationships with executive-level sponsors, development team and early stage test clients. Leads diverse teams, performs due diligence on new product opportunities, and develops sales and marketing strategies.
Business strategist: Experienced in market research, market sizing, financial analysis, business operations and product launch strategies. Proven ability to think creatively, structure problems, identify issues, gather and analyze data, and present recommendations.
Consulting professional: Developed market assessments, pro forma analysis, product strategy, business operations, process design, and training & development for multiple clients. Superb writing skills, public speaking abilities and a relationship management expert.
Director of Strategic Initiatives and Business Development
Pattton Boggs, LLP
- Lead team responsible for client service; maximize current client retention and manage initiative to turn first time client matters into future work.
- Manage initiative to maximize service to clients in specific practice areas and then cross-sell single practice area clients into other firm-wide clients.
- Developed analysis to help firm maximize most profitable clients and pursue like work.
- Oversee business development activity and staff of 9.
2004 - Mar 2007
Senior Director, Busienss Development and Marketing
The Advisory Board Company
- Led launch of the firm’s foray into business intelligence in nursing terrain generating $4M in revenue in 1st quarter of launch; achieved 187% of target.
- Directed firm’s national product launch of first executive education platform.Exceeded first-year revenue expectations.Led due diligence, valuation, product acquisition, market entry strategy, and sales team development.
- Highest-performing business development executive in group, while managing launch and sales team of 5.Achieved 225% of target.
- Developed new marketing process designed to maximize existing firm relationships and extract greater value through increased cross-sell opportunities and tailored contract growth strategy; process resulted in a 37% increase in team revenues.
- Launched $12M leadership development business for multiple constituencies within health care by leveraging firms existing best practice health care research.
- Created sales and marketing analytics focused on pipeline development, cycle time, conversion rate, and market penetration; dashboard and tactical outcomes analysis resulted in 40% reduction in team’s cycle time compared to industry.
2002 - 2004
Director, Strategic Planning and New Business Development
Toys "R" Us
- Managed ToyBox wholesale venture with Albertson’s grocery store chain, which led to $300M in revenues for Toys“R”Us and a 30% increase in sales for Albertson’s.Responsible for developing new wholesale model for company to use its buying power and expertise as a resource for other retailers.
- Selected to open new Geoffrey concept stores.Oversaw construction, staffing, public relations, and community outreach programs as well as managed two $15M stores through season.Geoffrey positively gapped company sales by 17%, traffic by 7%, generated $10.00 more per guest in sales, and had a 10% increase in guest satisfaction.
- Created case, developed methodology, determined content and designed delivery mechanism for company’s first ever Hot Toy list to aid holiday gift buying.List was distributed to 700 stores and over 2 million guests.
- Developed streamlined communications vehicle to deliver information from the national office to stores which improved delivery by 3 days and increased response time by 34%.
- Company lead with Scholastic Publishing for release of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix resulting in the largest off-season selling day for both companies.
2000 - 2002
Consultant, Strategy and Leadership
Action Learning Associates
- Consultant for firm owned by Noel M. Tichy specializing in CEO led transformations of Fortune 500 firms.
- Designed and executed leadership development program for 200 high potential global executives at Hewlett-Packard.
- Designed and implemented processes to deploy Six Sigma at Ford Motor Company. Worked with senior executive team (top 1%) to develop this new strategy.
- Project Manager for Leadership.com joint venture with Trilogy Software. Created a digital leadership platform for Fortune 500 firms.
- Created a partnership between Internet2 and Ford Motor Company making Ford the first industrial company to use this technology.
1994 - 2000
District Manager and Sales Development Manager
- Piloted District Manager position, which resulted in national rollout.Managed team that increased sales and share by 15% and 7% respectively.
- Initiated advertising remittance rate increase, which led to the direction of $26.3M advertising budget coordinated with theJ. Walter Thompson Agency.
- Led team of nine to develop regional business plan, which achieved $2 billion in sales, $234M profit, and 16.3% share of industry.Created Business Development Plan and Inventory Analysis that was adopted as a national consulting tool for field employees.
1994 - 1998
- Managed $300M in revenues; increased customer satisfaction to above national average.
- Recognized as top zone manager in each market as measured by wholesale, retail sales, and dealership profitability.
- Developed promotional units with cross-functional team, including the Derrick Thomas F-Series and Baltimore Ravens' Ranger.
2000 - 2002
Master of Business Administration
- Elected as a 1st year to Executive Board of Business School Student Association
- Research Assistant for Noel M. Tichy, PhD, Director of Global Leadership
1989 - 1993
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
Graduated Cum Laude
- Gannet Award for Academic Excellence in Human Resource Management
- Dean's Citation for Exemplary Service toGeorgetown University
- Dean’s List every semester
- Chairperson, School of Business Steering Committee