Director of Quality
Director of Quality Operations responsible for building a Quality Management System for complex service delivery that integrates call center quality programs with professional and technical services specific to healthcare, education, and behavioral change with respect to Chronic Care Management, Case & Utilization Management, Nurseline, Wellness, and Maternity as well as other patient-centered services.Other areas of focus were on Supply Chain Quality with Fulfillment and Medical Device inspection & testing and distribution.The QMS focuses on participant’s Quality of Life as well as to ensure ROI & Performance Guarantees with Clients are being met.
- Educated clients on different statistical models allowing for re-negotiated contracts to reduce costs of key performance measurement programs reducing annual expenditures by $240k.
- Introduced Lean / Six Sigma to organization and realized improvements in efficiencies by $120k in first six months of implementation.Hired Black Belt and trained others as Green Belts.
- Introduced and implemented Independent Verification & Validation organization whose goal was to reduce noncompliance, build confidence in performance metrics and improve efficiencies with supervisors.Savings of $340k per year in supervisor labor while realizing verifiable improvements in staff performance by building independent audit team.
- Client request of a 5 year Improvement Project for Centers of Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) with no supporting data by Client.Constructed the 5 year plan within the 3 day window with a first round approval by CMS.Client extremely impressed and delighted by the quality of the submission in light of the time frame given for independent research and to complete.Value-add to client and brand awareness.Project adopted as model for other similar clients in need of similar services.
- Implemented new modality for surveying for Clinical & Loyalty survey assessments reducing the annual cost by $400k.
- Provided value add services by designing and creating customize analysis on key client data per client request which created such an impact as client requested for my services for future analysis and was written into contract.
- Established Supplier Quality Program and assessment reducing supplier risk in Quality, Information Security, and Regulatory Compliance (HIPAA, CLIA).Development of key SLA’s to manage vendors w/ quarterly reviews.
- Developed Client Satisfaction and Loyalty Program which identified key clients at risk for termination, worked with Client Management to address action plans and have retained several key clients due to identification process.Implemented process 4 years before Corporate and was looked upon as model going forward.
- Oversight of six centers with respect to their quality programs and strategic alignment to corporate goals.Direct reports included Quality Analysts and Internal Auditors with varied professional backgrounds such as LPN’s, RN’s, Quality Engineers, Black Belts, and MBA’s.
- Contract reviews for Proposals (RFP/RFI) pertaining to organizational capabilities around Quality & Performance Management tied to contractual guarantees and standards.Detail current organization quality programs and capabilities in bidding process for new business.
- Development VoC/B program including Satisfaction and Loyalty, Service Recovery / Complaint Management System as well as dedicated Adverse Event DBA for BioPharma Clients (21 CFR Parts 11, 210 and 211).Including accreditation, regulatory and legal compliance measures and reporting.Integrated International Standards such as ISO 10000 and ISO 20252.
- Managed budget of $2mil for market psychometrics tied to contractual SLA’s valued greater than $30mil.Created monitoring system related to modality and tools that were integrated into quarter performance reviews with market research vendors.Four market research vendors reported to me for services.
- Designed and delivered reporting and analytics of performance metrics to key stakeholders by reports and dashboards.Provided analytics on organizational services and programs for periodic reporting to meet internal and accreditation needs.Trend development, baselines, goals, outliers and integrated tools from SPC to help identify negative trends and outliers in services.Built Quality Information Management System DBA to compliment process. Could identify issues with client’s process as they affected ours before the client knew of issues they had themselves.
- Developed and Implemented Quality Management Review process, analytics and reporting providing quarterly QPI’s directly to clients showing both transparency on their programs performances as well as opportunities and compliments.
- Development and management the supplier quality management program by which audits were conducted of the organization monitor and work in development of improvement efforts as they pertain to our products and services of which they directly affect.Includes quarterly meeting, scorecards, supplier corrective action plans, improvements in effectiveness / efficiencies, approved supplier lists, contract development, regulatory / delegation assessment of supplier.
- Participated with strategic partners in helping suppliers achieve performance goals and efficiencies.Invited to sit in Suppliers Information Security Committee’s.Assessed current state and recommend changes based on observations and audits.Reduced Information Security Risks in Supply Chain.
- Worked with Medical Device Vendors and internal departments around device nonconformance, Mean Time to Failure, Life Cycle Management as well as inspection and testing equipment.Work with our internal device group to help them register to FDA.
- Worked with Medical Lab Kit Vendors to ensure integrity of the kits, their Quality Processes in alignment with Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) Regulations.
- Training programs for organization as they pertain to quality topics such as Root Cause Analysis, FMECA, DOE, DFSS / DMAIC projects, QFD, 7 Basic Quality Tools, 7 Advance Management Tools, Auditing, Quality 101, ANOVA, SPC and so on to build a foundation of quality tools within our culture and for my team to facilitate during projects.
- Introduced Quality Improvement Initiative (QII’s) programs using model primarily around LEAN and Six Sigma though hybrid with elements of Healthcare which focuses on FOCUS PDCA and PDCA models.Hired BB to facilitate QII’s and training of tools and techniques. Championed QII programs.
- Responsible for key performance metrics and analysis to feed into Annual Quality Work Plans, Quality Manual, and recommend organizational QIP’s which tie into required standards (i.e.:NCQA, URAC and Joint Commission).Worked with team to ensure audit readiness based on internal audits of processes and policies.
- Development of patient safety and risk management programs.Includes Quality of Care issues as well as immediate Emergent issues.
- Development of internal Quality Information Management System DBA for tracking, managing and reporting metrics and trends for both quantitative & qualitative analysis on organization performance and dashboards.
- Work with peers on ensuring accreditation (NCQA, URAC standards) / regulatory (FDA, HIPAA) readiness within the organization.Internal audits of processes and policies.
- Worked with cross functional teams for Policy and Procedural development for enterprises deployment, addendums, etc.
- Development and management of internal monitoring systems and reporting infrastructure to operations and executive management on quality performance including sampling plans and benchmark metrics.