Director of Merchandising, Toys & Apparel
Senior leader of assortment planning, purchasing, branding, and promotion of general merchandise – toys, apparel and collectibles. Durable leadership philosophy, yet a dependable multitasking team player. Leader of merchant team with resilient problem solving, analytical, verbal and written skills.
- Responsible for optimizing revenue/profit through marketing and promotions for both GameStop & ThinkGeek’s target audiences specialized in visual merchandising and e-commerce.
- Leverage industry experience and network to ensure supplier productivity based annual budgeting targets focused on emerging consumer trends and top licenses.
- Led FY17 annual growth to +36%, 16% increase in turns with 6% less inventory versus prior year.
- Develop merchant succession plans; produce global quarterly business reviews, and manage department P&L while executing buying psychology through process implementation.
- Additional responsibilities include researching and defining the go-to-market strategies and managing inventory levels, targeted promotions and design of key displays.