Software Project Lead
Huntington Beach (IDS Core, Business Systems and Operations)
- Current Assignment: Implement Cognos 8.4 roll-out
- Recruited to design and build Division Level Contract/Business Operations web-based work flow.
- Developed, tested and refined UI experience: maximize learning curve in minimal time
- New Contracts were electronically catalogued and tracked.
- Charge hierarchy was established (organizing charges in terms of Labor, Material, Travel, etc.)
- Cost Accounts/Charge Accounts created, approved electronically.
- Tracking costs associated with charge accounts for auditing purposes.
- Impact: Eliminated paper-trail, improving auditing accuracy by DCAA, DCMA; Cycle-time reduced from weeks to hours via electronic approval process.
- Created all interactive training materials (online and classroom) for training 400+ local users and 200+ remote users. Included using video, podcasts, screen capture software.
Long Beach (C17 Production Facility, Shop Floor Control)
- Designed, developed and implemented web-based production support system
- Tracked inventory and deposition to mechanics.
- Provided granular inventory control of tooling, nuts, bolts, etc. used to better predict need for future requirements.
- Integrated with new bar code scanners
Impact: Manual input errors decreased, accurate inventory levels were predicted
- Implemented LEAN production techniques, to assist in producing product faster
- Performed data collection to determine production requirements for completing various tasks.
- Coordinated with inventory personnel to create system to gather and organize all tools, equipment, components required to perform the various tasks.
Impact: Cycle time to produce product decreased