Experienced executive with broad experience in management and market entry in Greater China, especially in the new media and ICT sector. Recently, Dr. Lau has been active in Digital Media field especially in the online reputation management sector. He has previously consulted for Ketchum PR, Galleon Plc and Nokia as well as being an invited panelist at the Music Matters music industry forum held in Hong Kong. Dr. Lau is currently a member of the Nitron Media Circle of Experts
Mar 2008 - Present
XLink Media helps its customers to implement converged media solutions. These cross platform (web, TV and mobile) solutions enable the client’s audience base to enjoy and interact with the client’s content “anywhere, anytime”.
Past projects have included operations management of B2B online video portal: VideOnline. Being licensed by major Hollywood movie studios, VideOnline was one of the first to being legal Hollywood blockbuster content to the online landscape in China.
Recent projects are in the area of Digital Media, especially in the area of social media monitoring and online reputation management. Clients include Ketchum PR, Galleon Plc and Nokia.
Nov 2005 - Dec 2007
President, Greater China
N-Visio is a co-production partner with TV stations in China to produce new and innovative TV programming integrating a converged media platform.Partner TV stations include Guangdong TV, Hunan ETV, Hunan Movie Channel, Yunnan TV and others.The Company has a staff of 26 in 5 locations in China.
As the President accomplishments include:
- Active participation in successful M&A exercise to merge with UK AIM listed company Galleon Plc.
- Develop convergence strategy for media with corporate resources based in TV, wireless Value Add Services and internet
- Develop new TV program concepts implementing a converged new media approach for User Generated Content (UGC) and Hip Hop Lifestyle
- Overall management of interactive solution for live TV talent contest program (“Lucky Star” on Yunnan TV). Experience with over 140 live broadcasts
- Overall management of interactive solution for live TV contest “Miss Yunnan travel Ambassador” in 2006 and 2007. This annual 2 week event generated 1 million SMS votes each year.
- Maintain key media customer contacts at President and Vice President level
- Responsible for P/L
Jun 2005 - Oct 2005
Director of Strategic Projects (Consultant)
Super 8 Hotels (China)
As a consultant, manage all aspects of operations team for Super 8 (China), the Master Franchisor, based out of Beijing. Build and implement operational processes in line with Corporate HQ guidelines. Work with Franchisees to ensure compliance with Brand standards.
Jun 2004 - May 2005
meZZme was a pioneer in providing solutions to traditional media (TV, Radio and print press) to enable interactivity in their programming products. Audiences can interact with the programs through sending text messages (SMS) or Multimedia messages (MMS) via their mobile phones. meZZme had over 180 traditional media partners including CCTV, Beijing TV, Southeast TV (Nationwide Satellite), STAR TV, Guangdong TV, Hunan ETV, Shandong TV, Virgin Radio, Golden Music Radio (Guangdong), Hunan Traffic Radio, Hebei traffic Radio and others.
As the CEO accomplishments included:
- Successful merger of meZZme with leading UGC internet portal “Wang You”
- Maintain key media customer contacts at President and Vice President level ranging from talent contests to variety entertainment
- Overall management of interactive solutions for TV and Radio programs
- Overall management of migration of wireless value add services to China Mobile’s MISC platform
- Responsible for P/L
- Manage China Sales Operation of 47 staff in 4 locations to meet Corporate Objectives and report to the Board of Directors