Regional Vice President, Innovation & Imagination | Central U.S.
Played a key role in regionalizing the creative function across Tribune Company's 23-station broadcast group. Directly responsible for elevating brand identity with tangible incremental rating and revenue increases at eleven broadcast stations, including two national cable networks and multiple FOX, ABC and CW affiliates, in addition to legacy station, WGN-TV Chicago. Created a powerful creative culture by establishing the organizational framework for a regional creative team and hired 26 artists to execute at the highest possible creative standards, while branding and innovating at the leading edge.
- Highly articulate, positive motivator with strong ability to execute project strategies that lead to successful outcomes
- Responsible for leading multiple on and off-channel redesigns, elevating brand identity at nation's only true Superstation. Played key role in developing strategies that improved ratings, helped drive distribution and drove significant levels of ad revenue
- Elevated brand identity in order to achieve incremental rating and revenue growth across 11 broadcast stations throughout the Central U.S., (including 2 national cable networks)
- Responsible for $10M annual media budgets, with oversight of research; B2B, B2C strategies and advertising at scale, across all mediums
- Developed non-traditional media relationships across Tribune Broadcasting, Tribune Publishing and Chicago Cubs to maximize sales efforts and audience growth.Negotiations netted multi-million dollar no-charge media exposure
- Oversaw Community Relations efforts across station group to ensure all partnerships and events were on-brand and worthy of station focus, time and involvement
- Lead the creative strategy/execution for launch & post launch efforts for new digital multicast retro network, Antenna TV as well as myriad new programs and interstitial programming concepts, including innovative breakthroughs in news formats such as NewsFix and Eye Opener. Created soup-to-nuts launch packages for: The Bill Cunningham Show (now in nat'l syndication); NewsFix; EyeOpener; Movie Underground, Video Rest Stop; History of the Future, Sky Dives, Outta Sight Retro Nights and many more