Seasoned senior executive with expertise in managing professional services organizations and a track record of increasing customer satisfaction and significantly increasing profit margins. Experience includes business development, business re-engineering, partner management, and customer relationship management.
Jan 2012 - Present
SVP Marketing, Business Development and Operations
Spring offers mobile field force applications for tablets and smartphones.
I started the marketing and product management groups.
I wrote the 3 year company strategy. The new strategy shifted the company from being a custom software company based in Brazil to a Saas-based mobile apps company focused on the North American and European markets.
Raised additional funding from investors.
Built a KPI-driven operational model for PS and Support.
Apr 2005 - Present
Founder and CEO, then non-executive Chairman
Founded a personal finance management software company. This company sells the product to banks who offer it to their customers on their personal banking web sites. The product has morphed into a next generation full-service online banking product. The company currently has 12 employees.
- Negotiated a reseller contract with Jack Henry Associates, a large processor for small and medium banks. This contract has led to sales to 100 banks and 10,000 users have been turned up on the solution.
- Raised $4M in funding.
- Hired CEO in March 2009.
Mar 2009 - Jan 2012
Senior Vice President, Operations
Responsible for the Professional Services, Training, and Sales Engineering departments of a privately held Business Process Management (BPM) software vendor with $100M in revenues and 300 employees.
- Grew annual revenue from $2.5M to $5.5M run rate and increased profit margin from -10% to +15%.
- Architected the strategic business plan. The strategy was to drive 30% revenue growth by focusing on adoption of BPM by Microsoft and their ecosystem.
- As part of the senior management team, drove execution of the business strategy, including:
- Personal hands-on oversight of large implementations of BPM for Microsoft projects to ensure project success and win reference accounts.
- Recruiting Microsoft partners as channel partners for Global 360 products.
- Created joint development contracts with customers for new features and solutions that could be subsequently rolled out to the broader market.
- Developed executive dashboards for the CEO to track execution of the business plan and for reporting to the Board of Directors. License Revenue grew 30% once strategy was rolled out.
- Established a quality assurance feedback loop to product engineering from the field.
- Implemented an improved BPM solution implementation methodology to increase project success.
- Revamped the training curriculum and maximized the use of internet based training with an emphasis on partner enablement.
- Rebuilt the Sales Engineering team to be more focused on BPM, Microsoft, and solution selling.
- Rolled out the viewPoint Assessment program, a diagnostic study designed to help customers visualize the BPM solution within the context of their business and understand the ROI for their investment. This program increased the value of the sale and realized a 79% close rate on deals that used the viewpoint Assessment as part of the sales cycle.
- As part of OpenText, developed the go-to-market strategy for the business unit leader to build and launch vertical solutions.
Jul 2007 - Mar 2009
Systems Integrator and Consultant focused on delivering Business Process Management (BPM) projects.
Apr 2003 - Jul 2007
Senior Vice President, Global Services
webMethods now Software AG
Responsible for the Professional Services, Training, and Customer Support departments of a public EAI software vendor with $200M in revenues and 900 employees.
- Grew annual PS revenue from $35m to $45m and increased profit margin from -20% to +19%.
- Retooled customer support to ensure a customer centric approach.
- Built a KPI-driven operational model for PS and Support.
- Established a quantitative quality assurance feedback loop to product engineering from the field.
- Designed and implemented an employee on-ramp infrastructure enabling the company to recruit 15 employees per quarter, train them, and roll them onto projects without impacting profit margin.
- Revamped training curriculum.
- Rolled out the Architectural Review Assessment program, a diagnostic study designed to increase the value of the implemented solution to the customer.
- Developed and rolled out solution implementation methodology.
- Started an offshore development center in India.
2000 - 2001
Senior Vice President, Telecom Consulting
Started a management consulting practice for a privately held System Integration company with 300 employees.
1994 - 2000
Sold and delivered management consulting projects to telecom and utility clients, including US West/Qwest, PG&E, China Telecom, Telecom Italia,Level 3, GTSS (Russian mobile provider).
- Grew business in San Francisco to $4m annually.
- Pulled through $20M in additional projects.
- Grew Denver business from $0 to $30m.