Global Supplier Manager
Primary supplier interface accountable for the overall business relationship. Set up commodity strategy to maintain supply continuity with balance on the cost, quality and technology.
- Developed and implemented global commodity strategy for casting and metal extrusion and maintained supplier relationship.
- Successfully mitigated revenue risk impact of $13. 2 million with total of 277 part numbers during the massive supply disruption on China Kunshan metal-product factory explosion in 2014.
- Ensured supply assurance, implemented regular capacity planning review, conducted regular review to assure ramp readiness for new program.
- Responsible for all aspects of supplier contract negotiations including long term agreements, capacity, lead-time and payment terms.
- Developed a broad knowledge of typical cost structures related to metal alloy die casting.
- Managed cross-functional teams to perform cost modelling, lead-time optimization and supply base rationalizations projects.