Senior-level accounting/finance or operational position (have extensive hospitality/gaming and Caribbean region experience).
Reading, travel, golf, cooking/good food
- Driven, analytical, astute, business savvy controller with a notable history of managing multi-million dollar budgets, establishing effectual accounting/finance platforms and interdepartmental relationships, promoting operational efficiencies, and ensuring internal control and regulatory compliance;
- Operational results-oriented director;
- Outstanding leadership, financial reporting and communications skills with stakeholders;
- Proven success in leading and managing teams, establishing and meeting/exceeding financial objectives, and reducing costs;
- Problem-solving expertise and strong GAAP experience;
- Integrity and critical thinking;
- Excellent communication skills and "get it done" work ethic;
- Computer literacy with PCs (spreadsheet, word processing, federal/state personal and business income tax packages, PMS/HMS, POS systems, and ERPs (ACCPAC, MAS90, SOLOMON, PeopleSoft, et al));
- Internal control development/implementation and accurate, timely financial reporting;
- Adaptability and flexibility in dynamic environs/situations.
May 1986 - Present
CHARLES PLAYER, CPA, EA
- Provided effective accounting and tax services to hospitality, tax software, individual and small business clients;
·Established quality assurance for tax software developer through extensive product testing;
- Redesigned financial statement/report preparation and supervise accounting operations setup for individuals and small businesses.
Mar 2004 - May 2006
Forensic Accounting Consultant
HURON CONSULTING (formerly CALLAWAY PARTNERS, LLC)
·Key contributor in the multi-billion dollar HealthSouth financial restatement:
·Launched in-depth analyses, reconciliations and finalizations of financial statement accounts;
- Executed Sarbanes–Oxley assessments resulting in the remediation of internal controls for the restatement process and the restated financial statements
Sep 2000 - Dec 2001
RESOURCES GLOBAL PROFESSIONALS
·Enhanced client (British Telecom) processes by initiating audits and recommending improvements in accounting/financial functions;
·Improved client (BellSouth, Equant) financial statement accuracy and reliability by presenting detailed analyses and reconciliations of various financial statement accounts and fixed asset records.
Jul 1998 - Oct 1999
DIVI FLAMINGO BEACH RESORT & CASINO
·Effectively co-managed property during frequent and extended absences of the general manager:
·Provided full cycle general ledger management including, but not limited to, month end, quarter end and year end closes, balance sheet reconciliations, journal entries, reserves and accruals for all facets of the accounting operation (accounts payable, accounts receivable, budgeting, cash control, inventory control, payroll and fixed assets), utilizing both U.S. and Dutch GAAP;
·Ensured optimal cash flows through effective cash management practices, including vendor payment terms evaluations, heightened efficiencies in credit extension and improved collection practices;
·Transformed monitoring of hotel/casino revenues;
·Introduced meetings/discussions with department heads to facilitate departmental expense management.