A business develoment position with a company that will utilize previous experience and skills to meet business objectives and support commitments to customer service, employee development, and continuous improvement.
Business development and supply chain professional with experience in sales, procurement, engineering, negotiation, product development, quality control, and contract management. Excellent communicator with well-developed presentation and networking skills. Proven record of leading multi-skilled teams to drive projects from pre-development through post development cycle. Continually improving efficiency through enhanced processes and productivity, resulting in increased operational profitability.
2008 - 2009
Contracts Administration, of change management processes, variations, claims avoidance and handling; contracting principles and practices of the oil and gas industry supply chain market; and joint venture operations. Ability to develop project-specific contracting practices and procedures and capability. Assured contract compliance with BHPB Corporate, CSG and S&L policies, procedures and statutory requirements.
- Managed vendor contracting process reflecting a best practice approach to supply chain management.
- Increased operational efficiencies by optimization of contracting services.
- Vertically aligned contract terms by negotiating long-term partnerships with suppliers.
- Horizontally improved relationships with internal customers and functional teams.
- Negotiated contract terms designed to enhance supplier service level, data accuracy, product ownership, and trust in the BHP tendering process and enhance corporate profitability
- Improved strategic control and decision-making using SAP and CMS software to managed supplier contract life cycle.
- Improved lead time performance within contracting process ensuring contracts are awarded in timely fashion to meet business requirements.
- Maintained accurate contracts register reflecting all relevant production contracts' status including performance data.
2006 - 2008
Business Developer, Quality Manager, Materials/Mechanical Engineer
Established and coordinated global sourcing strategy, requirements for external vendor manufacturing, movement logistics (multi-modal transportation, in transit visibility, lead time impact planning, receipt and warehousing), customs requirements, and invoicing on an international scale. Expert in export and import requirements for doing business with Asia - specifically China. Drafted and negotiated the terms of all contracts establishing supply chain alliance partnerships. Conducted all engineering investigations pertaining to product failure analysis and implemented all corrective action. Represented Nedschroef at several Trade Shows and business development events, including the most recent OTC. Coordinated with the international trade commission on all import / export regulatory issues. Acted as lead quality representative for the last two recertification efforts for the Nedschroef ISO 9001 initiative. Coordinated and made all strategic IT decisions for the United States presence of Nedschroef.
- Independently negotiated and closed over $2,400,000 in sales this past year.
- Developed and implemented the rationalized supply chain for Michex corporation.
- Drafted and acted as lead for 3 proposal efforts in the past year.
- Primary lead on business relationships requiring adherence to custom engineering specifications.
- Registered four independent trademarks with the PTO over the past year.
- Conducted Market research, used by corporate headquarters to formulate strategic decisions within the US Market.
- Inspected, Audited, and approved Chinese vendors for quality and ISO certification.
- Passed ISO 9001 recertification without a single nonconformance
2005 - 2005
While attending George Washington University Law School, supplemented my family's income by writing government specific software (future U. S. Passport Program).
- C# programming implemented in a .NET environment
- Biometric Chip coding, interfacing and knowledge.
- Public Trust Clearance issue by the US Dept. of State.
Jan 2001 - Apr 2003
Aerospace/Mechanical Design Engineer
Development of practical technical and economic solutions that meet the performance, cost, and schedule requirements within program constraints. Major responsibilities include developing innovative product designs, resolving mechanical integration challenges, complying with configuration management policies, providing production support, performing engineering analyses, and managing cost and schedule for assigned tasks.
2000 - 2001
Quorum Business Solutions
Scoped, developed, and implemented a corporate wide intranet for Duke Energy Field Services. Worked with a diverse client base, meeting complex business needs for a multitude of clients. Interfaced directly with top-level executives. Represented Quorum as sole consultant on a number of key projects and client engagements.
1996 - 2000
Aerospace Engineer Intern
The Boeing Company, International Space Station
Used Solidworks and Pro/E to develop various fight grade components for the International Space Station. Created software classes critical to Node 1 guidance software development. Participated as Prime Mission Test controller in the testing of the assembly power converter unit. Created an access database to track an array of inventory items. Analyzed numerous engineering drawings for feasibility and spec compliance. cataloged design inconsistencies and compliance issues. Created procedures essential to the launch of Space Station Node 1.
2003 - 2006
2 Credits Remain