DESKTOP/NETWORK SUPPORT TECHNICIAN June 2005 - Present
Consultant for various clients
- Set-up and maintained computer hardware and software
- Built Desktop Computers choosing motherboards, processors, RAM, video card, hard drive
- Set-up, configured, and upgraded hardware for Notebook Computers
- Installed Microsoft Windows Operating Systems
- Installed and Configured Microsoft Outlook and Office Suite
- Installed and Configured Apple Desktops and Laptops.
- Repaired infected computers using various virus removal tools
- Removed Adware, Spyware, and Malware with various tools
- Cleaned up Hard Drives with Disk Cleanup, Defrag, Chkdsk, and additional cleaning tools.
- Set-Up and Maintained Servers
- Set-up Domain Controller with Active Directory, user accounts, passwords and group policies.
- Set-up File and Print Servers - printer sharing, setup scheduled backups.
- Set-up and maintain networks for home and small businesses (LAN or WLAN)
- Identified client needs for their individualized network
- Made, ran, punched down Cat 5, 5E and 6 network cables and wall jacks
- Set up DHCP services
- Created wireless networks by determining necessary equipment and performing installation
- Responded to issues immediately remotely whenever possible
- Setup and configure Mobile Devices including Android, Iphone, Blackberry with Blackberry Enterprise Server
Contracted with several firms for short term assignments