Apr 2008 - Present
Manage one home owners' association and one condominium complex under S-Corporation.
Dec 2013 - Mar 2015
Director of Community Association Management
Contract acquisition and retention
Hiring and training of branch staff
Branch financials and budgetary planning
Managing action items month to month to report back to CFO.
Mar 2012 - Nov 2013
Regional Manager of Central Florida
Oversaw Commercial Property Division of the Central Florida Region. Managed The Plaza North Tower Commercial Condominium and The Plaza South Tower Commercial Condominium luxury mixed-use high-rises.
- Annual members meetings
- Board meetings
- Financial report review and delivery
- Task management
- Vendor management
- Submission of expense reports
- Employee evaluations and job descriptions
- Review monthly manager reports
- Review company invoices
- Review management fees
- Prepare management contracts
- Audits and year-end reporting
- Federal tax return filing
- Corporate annual report filing
- Transition of new accounts
- Insurance renewal
- Responsible for overseeing the Central Florida region portfolio of accounts
- Prioritization of events
- Sales and marketing, social networking, and acquisitions, and contract services
- Operate the Central Florida Region within budgetary constraints
- Real estate leasing and sales
- Ensure EEO and HR standards are met
- Achieve objectives within stated timeframes
- Create motivational environment
- Celebrate Success
- Create daily, monthly, seasonal & annual plan for continued growth and success
- Oversee Client Satisfaction
- Website development
- Social media networking and marketing
- Commercial Real Estate Management Activities
- Preventive maintenance plan
- Inventory of assets/asset management
- Risk management
- Cash management
- Legal liaison
- Responsible for the hiring, training, evaluation, and termination as required of Regional employees
Jan 2005 - Present
Joined Board of Directors upon purchasing into deed restricted community as association was on verge of going into receivership. Self-managed all aspects of community association including:
- complete audit and restructuring of replacement fund to include siding and paving as long-term maintenance items as required by Florida Statutes
- complete audit of Directors & Officers, General Liability and Property Insurance policiies
- complete water audit which uncovered high water leakage
- organization of Neighborhood Watch
- complete audit of shared community expenses which uncovered 4 years' worth of over-billing to our association by local utility company
- beautification project for community courtyards
- investigation of settlement agreement for defective Masonite siding unvieling product still under warranty - a $100,000 budget item
- establishment of emergency maintenance plan
- establishment of preventive maintenance plan
- vendor management
Provided training and development of board of directors and contributed monetarily for educational material, landscpaing and fountains for courtyards. Major projects completed include accounting for siding and paving reserves, irrigation repair and complete landscaping makeover which had been neglected for 15 years. Title was President January 2005 through January, 2010. Current title is Vice President/Treasurer. "Lakeview Village" is a sub-association of the Lake View Property Owners Association.
Nov 2011 - Mar 2012
Director of Social Media/Senior Community Association Manager
Worked directly with President David Burman overseeing portions of the Master Planned Community “Bella Trae at Championsgate” as part of Senior Management Team. Left only to capture rare opportunity to work as Regional Manager of Central Florida in the field of Commercial/Mixed-Use Property Management downtown Orlando which was offered unexpectedly.
Dec 2009 - Nov 2011
Senior Community Association Manager
As Orlando Branch Leader of RealManage from 2009 - 2011, I successfully grew the branch from 3 to 13 properties as of October, 2011 with expected increase by at least one additional property prior to end of Q4. Sucessfully met all sales goals, educational goals, and staffing goals. Branch revenue and EBITAH goals were on target to be met by end of Q4 as planned. Left company due to change in corporate culture which did not agree with personal and professional goals.
Jun 2008 - Aug 2010
Campaigned from June, 2008 to January, 2010 to bring 17 sub-associations together to transition 485 unit condominium community from developer control which was long overdue. Duties included:
- creation of the Concerned Members of the Community Committee (CMCC)
- creation of Policies and Procedures Manual for CMCC
- creation of guidelines for professional conduct for CMCC members
- education and traning for committee members via text book materials, legal council and community leaders
- personal monetary contribution for supplies, food and beverages for monthly meetings
- creation of web log for entire membership
- distrubution of e-newsletters to entire membership
Sought legal council and professional advise to provide effective transition. Invited City of Orlando Commissioner Tony Ortiz to attend meeting to educate membership on anticipated growth of our district and Orlando Police Department to educate membership about Neighborhood Watch. Acted in capacity of President and chaired all meetings according to Robert's Rules of Order. Created the "Lake View Blog" and posted minutes in meeting, announcements and photos and created community awareness for community members. Transition was complete January, 2010.
Nov 2008 - Nov 2009
Licensed Community Association Manager
Portfolio manager of 9 developer and association-controlled communities.
Dec 1983 - Apr 2008
Lead Flight Attendant
International Purser. Saftey professional with expertise working within FAA and OSHA guidelines. Human resource management and thorough knowledge of EEO and AA requirements. Superior customer service. Companies include Florida Express (2 years), Pan Am World Airways (4 years), World Airways (1 year) and ATA Airlines (14 years 1983 - 2008). Enjoyed three year hiatus after demise of Pan Am World Airways while achieving paralegal certifciation and working as same. Started my own business upon demise of ATA Airlines, CMH Management, LLC, and have worked tirelessly honing leadership skills while advancing in the Masters Program with Kaplan University and in community association management/real estate industry.
Jan 1993 - Jun 1994
Tedder, Chatzky Berends & Reedy, PA
Law firm represented Charles J. Givens, financial advisor. Worked directly under Mark Blake, Esquire, a real estate, asset protection, estate planning attorney. Managed commercial properties owned by Charles J. Givens in the Doctor Phillips area. Firm was closed after class-action suit filed in California against Charles J. Givens which alledged he recommended to cancel uninsured motorist coverage in the book Wealth Without Risk.
Aug 2008 - Aug 2009
Classes to date include Business Communication, Business Analytics, Business Perspectives, Accounting Principles and Analytics. Specialty - International Business.
Oct 1992 - Jan 1993
Four month accelerated post-graduate level certification
Jun 1981 - Dec 1983
"CMH - Community Management Happenings - Effective Communication"
"CMH - Community Management Happenings - Florida Landscaping"
"CMH - Community Management Happenings - Developer Default - Protecting Your Assets"
"Learn From My Experience - Insight From a Manager's Board Member's Perspective"
"Questions Answered" Rebuttals Page 7
Training & Development
Branding, sales & marketing, real estate law, organizational development, leadership training, property management, strategic planning with a long-term vision and proven success.
Experience has been to oversee all operations of Management Company including supervision, mentoring and training of branch employees and on-site staff. Nine direct reports. Responsible for meeting customer satisfaction goals and effectively achieving sales goals.
Greatest Strengths: Motivating teams. Identifying needs. Public speaking. Training and development.
- Social Media - Founder, LinkedIn Open Community Association Mentoring Group
- Public Profile on LinkedIn
- Mid-Florida Chapter Golf Committee Member Community Association Institute
- Orange County, FL Representative Community Advisory Network (CAN) Advocacy Council
- Public Art Advisory Board Member City of Orlando