CEO - Managing Director
2008 - Present
Manage the support functions of the business on a day-to-day basis
- Managing Director of the €100m Special Situation Fund (SSV) in Spain
- Supervise the legal documentation, NCNDA, contracts and other legal FSA, CNMV, FED, COB, FINRA type compliance requirements
- Controls the company's marketing, website, e-mails, twitter and other communications with the press.
- Built a team of +8 Partners
- Developed a collaborative network of +1,000 members, +1,600 investors and +45,000 contacts worldwide
- Secure a collaborative agreement with €100m fund to acquire companies in special situation in Europe.
Consulting and advisory work (sample projects)
- Help Big Data incubator expand its business in Morocco, Colombia, India and East Africa
- Help inventor implement his waste-to-biodiesel patent in 38 countries. Plants' CAPEX range from €3m to €35m
- Designed several market entry strategies for leading food manufacturers and one private bank
- Designed several business plans for startups
- Rewrote the financial projections of several companies for fundraising purposes.
Some key achievements
- Secured 3 LOI to acquire companies in special situation in Spain for €11m, €6.5m and €5m respectively
- Executed a €60M equity investment contact and JV with GFFP for Fergo Aisa S.A which led to several multi-million construction opportunities. See VC-A News
- Helped secure an EMEA distribution contract with Ingram Micro for Cellairis
- Executed a €500M buy-sell Bank Guarantee contract between a French Asset Manager and an Asian Bank
- Obtained a $200M Term Sheet for a geothermic energy manufacturer
- Secured a $10M offer for a listed IT company.
Value Creation – Alternative is a Strategy and Investment Advisory firm. We help companies to develop their business through acquisition and organic grow. We accompany our clients throughout the entire life cycle of their corporate development programme: strategy definition, target search, due-diligence, negotiation, transformation map and change management.
We are a worldwide network of seasoned professionals and have collectively advised M&A projects worth more than US$100B. We support complex strategic and operational business decisions with deep analysis and robust processes. Our methodology is a combination of desk research, interviews and application of our internal know how.
Director - Corporate Secretary
Mar 2014 - Present
Promoting Private Public Partnership centres and institutes worldwide.
The Council for Trade and Investment Promotion, an NJ Non-Profit Corporation, is an international trade and investment association based in New Jersey, United States of America, promoting State of New Jersey as a trade and investment destination.
Oct 2007 - Jun 2008
Strategy consulting and venturing
Designed the European bond market strategy for a leading exchange platform
- Looked at the way bonds are being negotiated to increase the number of trades on the exchange
- Co-founded Jobilink, a datamining tool in the web 2.0 space for HR.
Feb 2007 - Sep 2007
Group Controlling, MIS
Joined the “one-bank” programme as an interim manager to run the MIS Client Pilot
Managed the Information System to produce global cross-division client profitability statements
- Designed client profitability tools and statements
- Coordinated several work streams and c.a. 50 people to test the client-centric strategy (MIS and Client Definition).
Senior Managing Consultant
Jan 2005 - Dec 2006
Business and Information Strategy
Joined the practice to strengthen the business strategy side of our market offering which consists in leveraging Business through Technology and covers Post Merger Integration, IS Strategy, IT Effectiveness, Delivery Excellence, IT Operating Models, Performance Management & Governance, Portfolio Management & Architecture Alignment
- Led Capgemini collaborative research project on emerging business modelsIdentified, In collaboration with academics and clients, areas of business development where Capgemini could reapply its thought leadership to selling large business model change programmes(+£10M projects)
- Managed the Ecosystem of Suppliers for the Metropolitan Police Services (MPS - Scotland Yard)Designed and managed the strategic partnership programme for the MPS +200 suppliers to procure +£400M of technology related products and services p.a.
The Ecosystem has become a cornerstone of value creation to the MPS, fostering innovation through collaboration of suppliers, reducing the procurement life cycle and optimising the value for money
- Designed Capgemini UK&I corporate strategy – Three year plan for Capgemini UK & IrelandRepositioned Capgemini UK&I as a large transformational outsourcer to secure and increase our market share, increase our Gross Operating Profit from -2,8% in 2004 to +10% in 2005 and grow our revenue by +10%The above mentioned 3-year plan was re-used Europe wide by the Global Technology Transformation Community.
- Managed Sales: RFI, RFP, ITT, Proposals, Point of Views, Accounts development
- Large transformation deals secured: Centrica (+£3M), HMRC (£12M)
- Strategy consulting type deals secured: HBOS (£500k), HMRC (£75k)
- Framework agreements secured and foundations for sales put in place: Abbey-ISBAN- T&M framework agreement -; MPS: Intelligence Enterprise for the Management of Police Information - Multimillion pound opportunity across public organisations.
- Recruitment: interviewed 20 people and hired 4
- Thought leadership development: wrote 4 point of views and one business plan to launch a new venture
- Training: Consulting Services Workshop Facilitator – one week training course at Cap Gemini University where I taught consulting skills and Capgemini´s collaborative tools to new joiners.
Jul 2000 - Dec 2001
Strategy and Business Architecture for the Financial Services Industry
Joined Andersen Consulting’s Strategy Practice right after the MBA and directly at manager level thanks to outstanding grades and an impressive professional background.As a manager, I was responsible for writing business proposals and delivering the projects.Managed teams of four to six strategy consultants and analysts.Developed day-to-day customer relationships at middle-management level
- Sold a 23,000 hour contract for the Process Practice to a top 10 Spanish Savings Bank
- Defined the new channel distribution strategy and the implementation programme
- Convinced the client with a business case: moving high cost-bearing transactions from branches to low-cost channels (Internet, Telephony, PDA, Interactive TV, Virtual Branch, and Contact Centre) would save them 20% of their labour time.
The new strategy was to reposition the retail bank services taking into account the emergence of new technology-enabled channels, their impact on customers, the business and the financial implications.
- Developed a new venture, an “ASP – Application Service Provider”, on behalf of a leading savings bank
- Wrote the Business Plan and the implementation plan
- Convinced the client that the business model would generate $20 million annually.
The company was founded in May 2001.
- Developed the Spanish market on behalf of an “on-line” broker, subsidiary of a renown French bank
- Defined the market entry strategy for Spain
- Analysed the market potential and the socio-demographic differences between France and Spain to justify the investment
- Secured local alliances to outsource part of the back-office and implement the strategy successfully.
As a result of our work, the company was successfully launched in September 2001.
Worldwide Business Unit Manager
Jul 1994 - Jul 1998
IBM Agency, DCS Automotive
Managed a staff of 20 people directly and a hundred indirectly, reporting directly to the managing director
- Full P/L responsibility for France, Spain, Portugal, Latin America and Ireland markets. Turnover: $12 Million
- Fully responsible for software developments, operations management, and branch relationships
Main responsibilities included:
- Full P/L responsibility for customising the application to the Chilean market (accounting and finance) - $ 1Million project
- Technical responsibility for migrating the Unix based application to AS400. This 8 months project was meant to save IBM installed base worth $18M and raise our credibility within the technical community
- Development of a proof of concept - $200k project - for an entirely automated dealership powered by HP: "The dealership of the future" that was used in road shows to selling HP emerging technologies - touch screens, optical pens, RFID, electronic parts catalogue - As a result, HP was elected preferred supplier to Renault for a €22M dealResponsible for implementing a quality control system and processes. Programming errors went down by 85% cutting development cost by half
- Responsible for customising the application to meet leading car franchises requirements such as Ford, Opel (GM), Renault, Toyota and Peugeot. As a result of the customisation, DCS group sold +$30M worth of licences.
Sep 1991 - Jun 1994
IBM Agency, Iberlog S.A.
Developed a comprehensive Dealer Management System (ERP for the automotive industry) which has become one of the leading DMS in Europe: over 6,000 programs, more than 40 man-years of development and 2,000 installations forecasted by the end of 2000
The quality of the application seduced DCS Automotive, which took over Iberlog S.A. in 1994.