Office of Online Education - Instructional Applications Coordinator / IT Manager
- Oversaw a team of programmers, server administrators, and student workers while working with coordinators in instructional design and art. Worked collaboratively across the university with instructors, staff, and administration to identify and solve problems.
- Provided key insights into the IT strategic planning and budgeting of UNLV Online Education and the Division of Educational Outreach. Developed implementation plans and cycles based around fiscal years and university terms
- Organized the implementation of a large scale VMWare server environment for a division, providing file, database, and web services along with co-location of backup. Implemented a Drupal multisite environment for Educational Outreach and departments.
- In 2014 chaired the Vice Provost of Academic Affairs committee on data usage and reporting. Focused on the use of data to make informed decisions, and ideas shared across the university where improvements could be made.
- During one six month period produced over 150 interactive learning objects in Flash and HTML for use in varying courses including Math, Science, English, and History. Developed hundreds of learning objects across multiple disciplines throughout career.
- Standardized methods and built libraries of code for team use to quickly streamline the application build process along with template applications using XML. Piloted the use of GIT to develop code repositories to share across team and others on campus.
- Implemented Adobe Connect and Blackboard Collaborate, one-on-one and group training sessions to assist in understanding systems, HTML best practices, and getting courses to abide by Section 508 conformance.