Systems and Data Architect
Aug 2014 - Jan 2016
Corporate Creations International Inc., Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Lead the design and development of a new operations platform.
- Directed the vision and execution to migrate from a legacy system to a high performing web application improving accuracy and workflow.
- Architect the data model, performed analysis and profiling on the existing data. Created SQL stored procedures to cleanse and migrate legacy data into the new model in MySQL.
- Gathered and documented requirements for the front end and created wireframes. Managed the project using SDLC and AGILE methods along with cloud based source control (Bitbucket) and project tracking (JIRA).
Engineered and implemented a private datacenter.
- Designed, deployed and maintained a virtual datacenter using VMWare VSphere 5 on Macintosh hardware improving server utilization.
- Enabled separation of services and configured DNS, LDAP, FTP and File Sharing using OS X servers.
- Created independent production, development and test environments.
Improved business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
- Leverage VMWare Fault Tolerance and High Availability features to improve system uptime.
- Procured the appropriate battery backup configuration to support all mission critical hardware for longer duration's.
- Created a disaster recovery protocol and set up capabilities at a colocation.
Manager, Report Development & Delivery
Apr 2014 - Aug 2014
MedSolutions Inc., Franklin, TN
Led a diverse team of business intelligence developers.
- Guided the team and contributed to the maintenance and improvement of several large SSAS cubes. Utilized SQL Profiler to determine what data was accessed most frequently. Built aggregations to improve end user response times.
- Managed and contributed to the development and maintenance of internal and external customer reporting totaling over 1,000 SSRS reports. Identified opportunities using Master Data Services (MDS) to consolidate and purge existing reports.
- Coordinated with SQL developers to improve accuracy and data quality of the data warehouse. Improved SSAS cube processing times by pre-aggregating data during the ETL process.
Partnered with various business units to achieve strategic goals
- Championed projects that improved data warehouse core subject areas, processes and client relationships. Clearly communicated project status through weekly updates and milestone meetings.
- Turn Around Time project delivered the capability to allow departments to analyze the cycle times of their processes and sub processes. Incorporated data governance and a master data management solution.
- Client Reporting delivered over 500 metrics in a consistent, repeatable process that created an analytics package provided to all customers. Worked in an Agile project methodology with cross functional teams to deliver the product.