Range Systems Engineer
NASA Armstrong Flight Research Center
-Mission Operations Directorate
--Range Engineering Branch
Serve as a key member of the Range Engineering team, responsible for all hardware related to the collection and transmission of information as telemetry between test vehicles and mission control. Systems knowledge includes video, radar, communications, computer systems and telemetry hardware.
- Designed, tested and implemented Radar Information Processing system to share radar information from radars to various range assets for control, monitor, and slaving.
- Designed and Managed a virtual presence project, which allows for remote monitor of control room displays from anywhere in the world with internet accesses given NASA credentials.
- Serve as a NASA representative on Agency wide counsels to include an Imagery Engineering Steering council, Mission Operations Standards team, and Records Management.
- Troubleshoot and design solution for malfunctioning systems to include thermal analysis for component enclosures experiencing errors due to temperature variation of environment.
- Interface with customers to collect requirements, and perform systems engineering functions following NASA systems engineering processes for large projects such as infrastructure upgrades, equipment replacement, and new capabilities.