Manager Client Lifecycle & Support
Maple Leaf Foods
- Manage and monitor the support, deployment, maintenance and upgrade of software applications and desktop infrastructure, including PCs, laptops, operating systems, mobile hardware, Blackberry and peripherals.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for hardware standards, lifecycle, procurement and service provision.
- Manage staff development plans including training and advancement, coaching and mentoring.
- Manage delivery of combined Infrastructure services for Projects, IT Operations, Architecture/Design proofs of concepts and other business enquiries.
- Report and track financial management services through reporting and assuring cost recovery where applicable.
- Intake assessment, triage, and assigning of Requests (support Service Request process).
- Oversee the provision of end-user services including application software support, client hardware lifecycle and support services.
- Negotiate and administer vendor and consultant contracts and service agreements.
- Practice asset management using environmentally friendly recycling and reclamation program for client hardware and peripherals.
- Prepare budgets, forecasts, capital expenditure requests for client hardware, software and staff development. Currently managing a budget of 10 million dollars, tracking costs and report on cost performance against established budget.
- Benchmark, analyze, and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the desktop infrastructure systems.
- Work with departmental Directors and Managers to review and streamline processes.
- Manage and coordinate roles and responsibilities for printer and GUI setup for SAP with PMO office, BASIS and security teams prior to each Go Live ensuring timely implementation and successful roll outs.
- Saved $5 million on lifecycle replacement deploying refurbished equipment.
- Reduced system costs by $51,000 after initiating recycling and reclamation program across Canada.
- Implemented process improvements achieving robust and reliable IT solutions in office and plant environments.
- Provided strong leadership, people management and coaching to IT professionals.
- Created accurate and realistic resource plans that meet approved scope, cost and schedule for high quality projects; exceeding expectations.