Aug 2008 - Oct 2009
Manager Client Lifecycle & Support
- Manage and monitor the support, deployment, maintenance and upgrade of software applications and desktop infrastructure, including PCs, laptops, operating systems, mobile hardware, Blackberry and peripherals.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for hardware standards, lifecycle, procurement and service provision.
- Manage staff development plans including training and advancement, coaching and mentoring.
- Manage delivery of combined Infrastructure services for Projects, IT Operations, Architecture/Design proofs of concepts and other business enquiries.
- Report and track financial management services through reporting and assuring cost recovery where applicable.
- Intake assessment, triage, and assigning of Requests (support Service Request process).
- Oversee the provision of end-user services including application software support, client hardware lifecycle and support services.
- Negotiate and administer vendor and consultant contracts and service agreements.
- Practice asset management using environmentally friendly recycling and reclamation program for client hardware and peripherals.
- Prepare budgets, forecasts, capital expenditure requests for client hardware, software and staff development. Currently managing a budget of 10 million dollars, tracking costs and report on cost performance against established budget.
- Benchmark, analyze, and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the desktop infrastructure systems.
- Work with departmental Directors and Managers to review and streamline processes.
- Manage and coordinate roles and responsibilities for printer and GUI setup for SAP with PMO office, BASIS and security teams prior to each Go Live ensuring timely implementation and successful roll outs.
- Saved $5 million on lifecycle replacement deploying refurbished equipment.
- Reduced system costs by $51,000 after initiating recycling and reclamation program across Canada.
- Implemented process improvements achieving robust and reliable IT solutions in office and plant environments.
- Provided strong leadership, people management and coaching to IT professionals.
- Created accurate and realistic resource plans that meet approved scope, cost and schedule for high quality projects; exceeding expectations.
2001 - 2007
Manager Information Systems
Trizec Canada (now Brookfield Properties)
- Developed client and business strategy and ensured Company execution meets client and management expectations. Effectively monitored and analyzed program performance.
- Negotiated and managed contracts to provide business support services,
- Supervised and managed technical/help desk staff, managed corporate wide end user and technicians' training programs.
- Spearheaded various new technologies and upgrade projects, management and tracking of budgets, authorized hardware/software purchases and set up service level agreements and contracts with external vendors for IT hardware/software service support.
- Provided value added solutions for client business, developed program and client level strategies to improve and grow relationships profitably.
- Project managed a cross functional team of IT analysts and development staff in solution development, integration and deployment efforts. Coordinated the development of comprehensive business cases with cost, service, and benefit dimensions of proposed projects that were used at management and executive levels for funding and scope decisions.
- Spearheaded the implementation of the Blackberry project
- Planned and coordinated IS Conferences across North America.
- Outsourcing and Client Relationship.
- Web Development (Designed and rebuilt a new website for the Canadian corporate office),
- Managed IT team members on the implementation of various desktop and server migration projects.
- Re-designed a new LAN/Telecommunication room due to downsizing, while maintaining all the existing applications required for day-to-day operations and procedures.
- Ensured adequate redundancy of critical systems and devices.
- Supervised and managed daily checklists of system health and integrity; current Virus protection on all workstations and servers; daily backups on all servers and monitor quality of backup and restore procedures and practices.
- Produced $1 million in annual savings through technology contract management.
- Decreased expenses 45% to 60% by renegotiating data and voice contracts through formal RFP process.
- Designed and rebuilt Canadian corporate website, bringing it in-house, producing a 99% cost savings.
- Reorganized workflow priorities to ensure adequate redundancy and security of critical systems and devices.
- Led cross functional teams through coordination of comprehensive business cases.
- Supervised system integrity, security and stability on workstations and servers.
1996 - 2000
- Provided high-level support, direction and guidance to manage, recommend, support, train, and deliver IT solutions to all senior management and end users. Successfully managed the implementation below contractual budget and other responsibilities included: process discovery analysis; configuration analysis and setup; data analysis, transformation and migration; external interfacing; financial integrity; installation; full system and mock-parallel testing; complete user-training of the system and procedures.
- Coordinated and communicated TrizecHahn IT standards with all internal and external customers.
- Focused on customer satisfaction, user support and managed projects to completion.
- Delivered successful complex IT project launches, and roll outs to 2500 end-users.
- Identified process improvements to complete projects on time and under budget.
- Developed comprehensive training programs that led to improved team capabilities.
- Negotiated pre-launch deal with Research in Motion (RIM) securing competitive advantage by enabling company leadership to communicate in various time zones using BlackBerry technology.
Quality Assurance Methodology
Business Systems Deployment
Policies & Best Practices
Team Building & Leadership
Vendor Management & Negotiations
Certified Novell Administrator 4.11
Apr 2008 - Present
ITIL V3 Foundation