Promoted after eighteen months while at Reed. Transitioned to Newbay with sale of TWICE Magazine in 2010.
Led two leading national B2B magazines to unprecedented digital advertising sales growth. Developed and sold integrated sales campaigns, generated new business, coached print sales teams, launched new digital advertising products, created sales collateral, managed campaigns, and strengthened client relations.
Some industries/brands represented: Entertainment (Broadcasting & Cable, Multichannel News), Consumer Electronics (TWICE), Luxury/Jewelry (JCK), Publishing (Publishers Weekly) and Technology (Tech & Learning).
- Grew year-to-year digital revenues by 42% for TWICE Magazine and 76% for JCK Magazine, while simultaneously exceeding personal sales quotas.
- Led TWICE to largest year-over-year digital sales increase out of six Entertainment brands.
- Managed over $1M in digital advertising campaigns per year from start to finish. Ensured deadlines were met, reviewed analytics and recommended new courses of action when necessary.
- Took to market and sold groundbreaking digital ad platforms like: contextual, native, mobile, and lead generation. Conceived of native ad unit, Product Spotlight, a hit with advertisers and audiences.
- Answered RFPs and won business from Fortune 500 clients like: SONY, Microsoft, Sharp, CDW and GE.
- Wrote copy for and supervised creative development of marketing materials like: media kits, house ads, and eblasts.
- Sold and marketed TWICE's most successful webcast in terms of registration and attendance.
- Evangelized brands at national and international live industry events such as CES (Consumer Electronics), JCK Vegas (Jewelry), The Cable Show, BEA (Book Publishing), TCEA (EducationTechnology).
- Initiated the use of social media (Twitter and LinkedIn). Created and managed LinkedIn fan groups.