Feb 2010 - Dec 2014
Retail Business Manager
- Achieve financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Complete store operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintain store staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Identify current and future customer requirements by establishing rapport with potential and actual customers
- Ensure availability of merchandise and services by approving contracts; maintaining inventories.
- Formulate pricing policies by reviewing merchandising activities; determining additional needed sales promotion; authorizing clearance sales; studying trends.
- Market merchandise by studying advertising, sales promotion, and display plans; analyzing operating and financial statements for profitability ratios.
- Protect employees and customers by providing a safe and clean store environment.
- Maintain the stability and reputation of the store by complying with legal requirements.
- Determine marketing strategy changes by reviewing operating and financial statements and departmental sales records.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Maintain operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
Apr 2007 - Feb 2010
Retail Business Manager
Fast Future Brands
- Recruiting, training, supervising and appraising staff
- Managing budgets
- Maintaining statistical and financial records
- Promoting and marketing the business
- Dealing with customer queries and complaints
- Overseeing pricing and stock control
- Maximising profitability and meeting sales targets
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation
- Preparing promotional materials and displays
Feb 2005 - Apr 2007
Max & Co.
- Train store staff by reviewing and revising staff job results and learning needs with retail store manager; developing and implementing new product training.
- Evaluate competition by visiting competing stores; gathering information such as style, quality, and prices of competitive merchandise.
- Attract customers by originating display ideas; following display suggestions or schedules; constructing or assembling prefabricated display properties; producing merchandise displays in windows and showcases, and on sales floor.
- Promote sales by demonstrating merchandise and products to customers.
- Help customers by providing information; answering questions; obtaining merchandise requested; completing payment transactions; preparing merchandise for delivery.
- Prepare sales and customer relations reports by analyzing and categorizing sales information; identifying and investigating customer complaints and service suggestions.
- Maintain inventory by checking merchandise to determine inventory levels; anticipating customer demand.
- Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Feb 2013 - Jan 2014
- Administering projects
- Developing and using complex spread sheets
- Building and leading teams
- Arranging business travel
- Preparing routine financial reports
- Co-ordinating implementation of customer service strategies