Digital Producer | Digital Editor | Social Media Coordinator
The E.W. Scripps Company
- Create engaging, non-narrative digital stories and videos to serve as standalone news features or to be packaged with feature, investigative and enterprise news pieces.
- Repackage existing news content, media elements and curate from various news sources and social media to produce fresh content for TCPalm.com.
- Format digital news pieces to work optimally on online, mobile and tablet platforms.
- Plan, manage and execute digital news packages and social media outreach campaigns.
- Monitor and collect digital analytics for news content on social media channels (Facebook, Twitter) and TCPalm.com to help develop marketing strategy for online news elements.
- Collaborate with various newsroom departments, such as the digital, visuals and marketing team, in the execution of long range digital projects.
- Fill in for assignment editor for Business, Politics, Education and Environment.
- Serve as a digital-first ambassador for the newsroom and the company by exploring and experimenting with digital storytelling tools; conduct interactive classrooms to demonstrate how to use programs.
- Engage with readers on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) to crowd source and collect news tips; to provide useful, timely information to the community; to become aware of trending community topics to produce fresh, local news content; to promote news content and increase brand awareness and value of TCPalm.com and the franchise topic "Our Indian River Lagoon."
- Manage TCPalm.com, including mobile and tablet platforms, to ensure the best news content is clearly displayed and accessible to the reader.
- Coordinate with various newsroom departments to handle breaking news and posting timely updates to all digital platforms.
- Work and partner with the other newsroom digital producers/social media coordinators to establish best social media practices to increase reach and influence to online audience.