Feb 2014 - Present
Digital Producer | Digital Editor | Social Media Coordinator
- Create engaging, non-narrative digital stories and videos to serve as standalone news features or to be packaged with feature, investigative and enterprise news pieces.
- Repackage existing news content, media elements and curate from various news sources and social media to produce fresh content for TCPalm.com.
- Format digital news pieces to work optimally on online, mobile and tablet platforms.
- Plan, manage and execute digital news packages and social media outreach campaigns.
- Monitor and collect digital analytics for news content on social media channels (Facebook, Twitter) and TCPalm.com to help develop marketing strategy for online news elements.
- Collaborate with various newsroom departments, such as the digital, visuals and marketing team, in the execution of long range digital projects.
- Fill in for assignment editor for Business, Politics, Education and Environment.
- Serve as a digital-first ambassador for the newsroom and the company by exploring and experimenting with digital storytelling tools; conduct interactive classrooms to demonstrate how to use programs.
- Engage with readers on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) to crowd source and collect news tips; to provide useful, timely information to the community; to become aware of trending community topics to produce fresh, local news content; to promote news content and increase brand awareness and value of TCPalm.com and the franchise topic "Our Indian River Lagoon."
- Manage TCPalm.com, including mobile and tablet platforms, to ensure the best news content is clearly displayed and accessible to the reader.
- Coordinate with various newsroom departments to handle breaking news and posting timely updates to all digital platforms.
- Work and partner with the other newsroom digital producers/social media coordinators to establish best social media practices to increase reach and influence to online audience.
Feb 2013 - Feb 2014
Digital general assignment reporter for TCPalm.com/ Scripps Treasure Coast Newspapers
- Create digital stories for various TCPalm.com news topics, such as crime, features, environment and sports.
- Collaborate with various reporters and editors to organize and plan digital projects.
- Explore new digital storytelling techniques and disseminate that knowledge to various newsroom reporters and editors.
- Capture, produce and edit video packages for TCPalm.com.
- Responsible for setting the foundation for digital experimentation at Scripps Treasure Coast Newspapers.
Oct 2010 - Feb 2013
- Covered local government issues for the city of Port St. Lucie.
- Reporting was awarded Best of Scripps for the first quarter of 2012
- Participated in a three-county investigation looking into tax-payer funded organizations with costly paid time off policies.
- Reported on a four part immigration series covering illegal immigration and a bill that would impact local residents
- Completed E.W. Scripps Company's Multi-media Journalist University training to become more familiar with digital storytelling tools and video reporting
- Covered a series of breaking and investigative hard news pieces, as well as feature stories, across the Treasure Coast with beats that have included health/biotech and education
Jan 2010 - Oct 2010
- Covered, reported and developed sources in the area of Sunny Isles Beach, Aventura, Biscayne Park and the Village of Miami Shores for the paper's Neighbors section.
Sep 2009 - Aug 2010
- Reported on hard news and feature stories for three metropolitan newspapers: The Miami Herald, The Sun-Sentinel and The Palm Beach Post.
- Pioneered the news service concept at my university.
Jun 2009 - Dec 2009
Intern, Contributing Editor
- Worked as Contributing Editor for both publications of the association: Health Tourism Magazine and Medical Tourism Magazine.
Jan 2009 - Dec 2009
- Covered features and business producing one story a week.
Aug 2005 - Dec 2009
Bachelors of Science in Communications
- Graduated on the Dean's List of The School of Journalism and Mass Communications
- Honor student
Oct 2014 - Present
Digital Analytics and Social Media
Poynter News University