The northwest montessori school
- Designed and established a wildlife habitat garden in schoolyard using native plants specific to the site's ecosystem and relative location.
- Developed and taught school garden curriculum to children ages 3-7 years old.
- Created plant identification signs and points of interest in the garden for children to learn and interact with.
- Worked with key members of the organization to carry out desired objectives and learning goals.
- Organized garden work days for parent and local volunteers to assist in initial and on-going work and preparation.
*This internship was chosen by the National Wildlife Federation as an Eco-School's USA case study. Article can be found by following the link below.